IOS4 No Problems thread

Cagey47

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
Post here if your upgrade went flawlessly without any problems and if you have a 3G or 3GS. For the record mine was no problem, 3GS with Spirit jailbreak before upgrade.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 3GS, upgrade when flawless. Well let me say, I did a restore and then setup the phone like new. I didn't want to take any changes of having some issues pop up. I think most of the issues I've seen reported are directly related to upgrading. I say this because after they do a restore it works just fine.

I have used it a lot since the install and I notice no slow downs or lagging. I went to the gym, had Pandora playing, did some email, made a few notes on my to do list, replied to some email messages, checked stocks, even made a hotel reservation using Safari. It is so nice being able to fast switch between apps and have them come back right where you left them.

I am going to enjoy iOS4.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
3G in da house

I have a 16GB 3G that was on 3.1.2 JB w\ pwnage tool. I synced, backed up and did a restore which prompted me to do a restore & upgrade to iOS4. I was surprised when the download went from 5 days to 15 minutes and completed real fast. The whole process went without a hitch.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
3GS no issues at all. I was up at 930,started my upgrade at 10am sharp and was done at 1015 on the nose.:)

jeffrockz90

May 31, 2010
Visit site
3GS 16gb flawless upgrade as well. Without having to restore and upgrading from 3.1.3 non jailbroken. And haven't seen any bugs yet or none I can spot

Sopralto

May 6, 2009
Visit site
A-ok

Upgraded last night with a bit of trepedation as the 3.0 update wiped everything off and I had to reinstall everything. This time, no problem at all!! Smooth as glass!!!

sft109

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
No problems whatsoever on two separate 3GS upgrades and iOS 4 is a significant upgrade from 3.1. Love the folders featue, threaded email and unified inbox. Also backgrounds (finally) and the modern 3d dock (a la iPad). Like the multitasking a lot and the implementation is hugely successful in that my 3GS feels even faster now. Verry happy about this but it is slightly annoying that all the musitasking features are up to the developers, it will only work if they choose to implement it. Let's hope they all do and soon!

Would have liked a couple things: a reply button for incoming texts where it can be sent without having to open the messages app (this becomes less of an issue when all apps are updated to support multitasking/saved state) and generally improved notification system. There should be a notifications app with a badge to let you know how many you have in there where you should be able to see them all. Ie. You get a text and then an update from espn lets say, there should be a button in the last pop up to take you to the notifications app. Would be quick, easy and intuitive and much more functional than the current implementation where we only see the latest notification and that's it.

Really looking forward to iOS 4 for my iPad now for te multitasking. iOS 3.2 on iPad looks good it would benefit from folders, unified inbox/threaded mail and of course multitasking.

Last edited:

Fedorov

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My 3GS updated to the GM build last week, runs great, so much snappier than 3.1.3
I get my iPhone 4 Thursday so the plan is to get it home, hit restore and restore the last 3GS backup I have from my 4.0 GM 3GS.

Also did a RESTORE of iOS4 onto my wife's 3G and worked fine, took a while but works great, she loves the folders.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm running the public release of 4.0 on a 3G. Although the OS is somewhat neutered, I haven't been experiencing any bugs. Maybe it's because I restored my jailbroken phone as new before upgrading.

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
So what's the best way of upgrading to IOS4? Itunes upgrade or what? I'll be setting up as new phone again. I must have Exchange working for work and contact sync through exchange. I'm jailbroken with Spirit. 16GB 3GS. I've always upgraded with iTunes and restored but I hear that it's best to setup as a new phone again.

ChrisMc87

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have an 8GB 3G and after the 1 hour and 45 minute update, everything is fine. I think a lot of things are running better now on 4.0 than they did on 3.1.3.

spike22

Sep 23, 2008
Visit site
updated, somehow the update got hung up half way through and my 8gb 3G dumped everything and started with new 4.0...tried to sync, got my aps back, no contacts, no ringtones...had to scroung around to get my contacts (i think losing them was more my fault then the upgrade) but even after itunes says my ringtones are on the iphone, i can only access 1 on my iphone. These are all ringtones that I made using itunes and they were working fine prior to the upgrade. Has anyone else lost theirs? Am i doing something wrong?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2