New Problem (iOS4)

avanden

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Ok I was finally able to upgrade to iOS4, but I had to restore the factory settings on my 3GS, then restore from the backup I did earlier this evening. However, now it's saying on iTunes:

"This iPhone cannot be used because the Apple Mobile Device service is not started."

Ummm... huh? :confused:

How do I fix this? I can get any of my apps or my music back on my phone because iTunes won't let me sync it.

Help? Please? Thanks.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Shut down your computer and restart. Do the same with your phone. Once both are rebooted. Restart iTunes and then plug your phone into the USB cable. That should clear it!

If it doesn't, I would uninstall iTunes 9.2 and then reinstall, after a reboot!

You using Windows or Mac OS?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
He/she wouldn't have been able to install iOS 4 w/o 9.2....fyi.

And your point? I didn't say anything about them not having iTunes 9.2, but if the problems is with iTunes, shutting down the computer and restarting might solve it. If it doesn't uninstalling and reinstalling may do the job!

JamesC1119

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
If you are running windows, when you click on the start menu, type services in the search box and then click on services in the search results. From there a new window will open with a list of services and there will be one named Apple Mobile Device. Right click, select start, and re-start iTunes. Also, if you right click and select properties you can set it to start on boot up. Hope you are running windows after typing all this :)

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
If you are running windows, when you click on the start menu, type services in the search box and then click on services in the search results. From there a new window will open with a list of services and there will be one named Apple Mobile Device. Right click, select start, and re-start iTunes. Also, if you right click and select properties you can set it to start on boot up. Hope you are running windows after typing all this :)

Good stuff jplusc! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox