TiPb challenge: Show off your Folders!

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, TiPB, for the lovely forum settings...

you want us to post, but we can't post images or links until we've made 3 or 10 posts.

isn't registering for an account enough?

good grief.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
you want us to post, but we can't post images or links until we've made 3 or 10 posts.

good grief.

First, it is easy to get to ten posts, just look around the forums there are many many great threads that you can comment on. Second the 10 post rule is an effort to keep spammers out of TiPb which is good for the community as a whole. If you can't grasp those simple concepts then an internet forum site is really not the place for you.

napamplona94

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
my folders

IMG_0906-1.jpg

May 11, 2010
Visit site
First, it is easy to get to ten posts, just look around the forums there are many many great threads that you can comment on. Second the 10 post rule is an effort to keep spammers out of TiPb which is good for the community as a whole. If you can't grasp those simple concepts then an internet forum site is really not the place for you.

i can indeed "grasp" the concepts, but there are certainly friendlier ways to accomplish the same goal.

furthermore, if you have time to go searching for 10 threads in which to randomly post, just so you can post in one, you have no life.

InfinityX

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
I'm also a pre-10 poster, but instead of mucking up the thread with tons of posts, I'll just leave the actual pictures to the reader's imagination.

Condensing all of my games and rare-use apps put me down to three home screens, with which I am very happy. I can have all of the stock apps (that have been occupying space on my last home screen) on the first screen now, without them taking up space. Voice memos, find my iPhone, bump, etc are now all very accessible should I need them for the once per year I may use them, and they aren't taking up precious screen 1 space. :)

Ready to pick up my iPhone 4 tomorrow morning at the apple store to feel the awesome power of the latest and greatest iPhone model.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
i can indeed "grasp" the concepts, but there are certainly friendlier ways to accomplish the same goal.

furthermore, if you have time to go searching for 10 threads in which to randomly post, just so you can post in one, you have no life.

The point is not to post random crap in posts but they are saying there are so many worthwhile threads that I'm sure you can find 10 to comment on easily. I don't see a problem with the rule look through a couple threads and see the spammers, trolls who post in the thread it's really annoying so 10 posts can't really be that much of a deterrent?

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

good grief.

Stick around for awhile and you will understand why. ;)

look at the white dots at the bottom. it's his last page. hence, his saying that he "took the trash out back." :)

Ding ding ding ding!
For superior powers of observation, I am happy to award you first prize:

PA260419.jpg

DSC03413.jpg

and a piece of cake.

Last edited:

Firestarter

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
<3 the folder organization! Thanks!

EDIT: Ok, wow, to all the n00bs here (I'm one, too). Try to think a little outside the box and be patient. Have none of you been on a forum before, seriously?! If you really want to be apart of any community, it's always best to 1) abide by their rules, and 2) don't go mouthing off to established members. Sheesh, if you found the original article, and made your way to the forum, you'd think you'd be able to modify a link...js </my own opinions>

...Now, for those still willing to follow the rules, do this:

- cut and paste the URL for your pic.
- in the post editor, add a '.' after the 'h' in 'http'.

Ex: h.ttp://www.url.com/pic.png

And there ya go! Once you reach the 10 *quality* posts, you can edit the post here, and delete the '.' Easy as pie! :D

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Wow, thank you so much for the tips! I dropped my original 4 screens of apps down to a more manageable 1! lol It's also perfect for actually seeing the background wallpaper now, too! Plus with the RetinaDisplay, it's absolutely gorgeous! It's like getting an iPhone4 for FREE, minus the hardware updates. lol! If only non-techies knew haha. *shhh!* I can keep a secret, how bout you?!...jk ;)

iOS4FoldersSS.png

Methodology:

Since I didn't have many apps to begin with, I guess it made it a bit easier. ;) So, I just started putting similar-function apps together.

This setup pretty much matches how my odd mind works, and even kinda mirrors the ridiculous organization of my browser bookmarks, which I've fine-tuned over the course of some 10 yrs. or so! ;) And it actually makes it *so* much easier for me to find something, since I'm not constantly having to go off memory of an app's exact location.

This always takes me the *most* time, which is why I probably go through the painstaking process of organizing everything so meticulously to begin with! I also tried to maximize each folder to use up its limit of 12 apps, so as to not have any 'wasted space'. Hey, I'm a stickler for efficiency, what can I say? haha. :D

So, without further ado, this is what I ended up with...

Final result:

Social: TwitBird Pro, TweetDeck, Echofon, Twitterific, Tweetie (I 'shopped' around a lot lol. TBP is by far my fave on the iPhone, and TD on my MacBook/PC), Loopt, FB, Myspace, Skype, IM+ Lite, & Bump
Entertainment: iTunes, iBooks, artist-specific apps (Kate Voegele & Meiko), IMDB, Flixster, Fandango, Shazam, iHeartRadio, Pandora, Local (iLike) Concerts, YouTube
Games: IQ?, World War, GunApp, Zippo Lighter, Lightsaber, Ocarina, Fluid
Productivity: Contacts, Calendar, Calculator, Clock, Notes, Voice Memo, Weather, Stocks, App Store, Air Sharing, Whiteboard, Settings
Local: foursquare, Yelp, Going, Urbanspoon, Maps, Google Earth, Compass, findametro, Cheap Gas!, Trapster, Currency, Wi-Fi Finder
Misc: Camera, Genius, Photos, Say Who LITE, TV.Com, Messages
I put anything that couldn't fit anywhere else in here lol.

Way to go Steve Jobs & Co.! You've made your loyal customers way satisfied with iOS4 for all iPhones! =)

Last edited:

Firestarter

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Upgrading to an iPhone 4, but this is how I have my 3G set up in the meantime (hence the lack of cool wallpaper):

The Vuvuzela app is out on its own because I know its novelty will wear off as soon as the World Cup ends.

Haha, sorry, but I would never d/l a vuvuzela app in a mil. yrs. I hear enough of 'em while watching the games lol. ;D

Firestarter

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Gr8888 .. It recognizes the type of app like game. Productivity etc., & creates folder name automatically.

Yeah, I thought that was another kick-ass 'subfeature' of it, too. I wonder what kinda magic Apple cooked up to get that. I'm sure they start w/ the categories from the App Store, but how it knows to group 'em when you 'contain' them is some voodoo that boggles my mind, after learning of this trick on day #2 of iOS4 haha.

Firestarter

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Here is the current set up on my 3GS. As you can see, I like to game on my device. The new folders have really helped in organizing each genre.

This may be a silly ?, but how do you get the percentage of remaining battery life in the upper right corner? Is that a jailbreak? Thanks!

Firestarter

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm also a pre-10 poster, but instead of mucking up the thread with tons of posts, I'll just leave the actual pictures to the reader's imagination.

Condensing all of my games and rare-use apps put me down to three home screens, with which I am very happy. I can have all of the stock apps (that have been occupying space on my last home screen) on the first screen now, without them taking up space. Voice memos, find my iPhone, bump, etc are now all very accessible should I need them for the once per year I may use them, and they aren't taking up precious screen 1 space. :)

Ready to pick up my iPhone 4 tomorrow morning at the apple store to feel the awesome power of the latest and greatest iPhone model.

If I may inquire...which model do you have now? And what's the main reason for making the leap to iPhone4? Is it just to get the 'latest and greatest'? Or do you actually have a specific need for the additional h/w features, that you can't get w/ an 'older' model phone w/ the iOS update? Just wondering...

For me, I wasn't interested in the iP4 to begin with, as I just upgraded a 3G to a 3GS last year. I didn't have iP1, and I had to return my 3G right before the 3GS came out. I got a replacement 3G from Apple, bought the 3GS, and sold the 3G.

I liked the 3GS, too, b/c it has the scratch-resistant screen vs. using a screen cover, which cuts down way too much glare, losing the 'shiny' quality of the screen. Being to be able to record video was another selling pt. for me. The compass was also cool, but I don't use it much.

Contrast that with the iP4, where I didn't see much reason to upgrade. I'll be fine till the next iteration! :D

EDIT: Oh, and hope this 'spam' is ok! ;-)

Last edited:

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I had to join just so I could see the pics! I can see that even with folders I am never going to get down to one screen. Just jotting down ideas for folders I have 20 :) Right now my apps are grouped into a couple screens with most-used, then some are in categories and some are in colors. All the red apps are together. I have a page of blue and orange, and a page of blue and green. Strange, I know. Well, one post down, nine to go!

Firestarter

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I had to join just so I could see the pics! I can see that even with folders I am never going to get down to one screen. Just jotting down ideas for folders I have 20 :) Right now my apps are grouped into a couple screens with most-used, then some are in categories and some are in colors. All the red apps are together. I have a page of blue and orange, and a page of blue and green. Strange, I know. Well, one post down, nine to go!

Well, that's a very unique way of doing it. But hey, to each her/his own, right? :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2