Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Best Buy iPhone 4 Pre-Orders

Has anyone got a call yet to schedule their appointment to get their phone activated?

I'm just curious. I haven't recieved mine yet. I was the 1st person to pre-order the 32GB at the Best Buy store in Tyler, Tx and 5th overall pre-order. I'm thinking/hoping I'll get a call tomorrow.
    iPhone 5 16GB - 6.1
    iPad 4 64 GB - 6.1
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,248 Global Posts
    iOS Version

No, my best buy said they won't call until they get them in the store. Which could be as late as Wednesday night or Thursday morning. Patience young Jedi.
    iPhone Nanite

Not yet- in NYC. 622 Broadway store...
    iPhone Intermediate

I haven't yet Tuscaloosa, AL. I was told I was pretty high up on the list but they didn't number any orders so ><...
    iPhone Nanite

I haven't heard anything yet I called Best Buy the guy said I was the sixth person to reserve the phone and I was the first to order the 32gb so there shouldn't be a problem but who knows wih everything thats going on.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

I went up to the BB where I pre-ordered mine (16gb Black) and the manager said " Due to the fact that they aren't getting nearly as many as they thought they aren't going to do appointments anymore.". She said they will count how many phones they get in and start from the first pre-order by time it was ordered and work they're way down the list. They also said that she doesn't think that they can really hold them for very long. She didn't flat out say that she would just move to the next person on the list after a certain time frame, but that's how it sounded to me. So just because you have a pre-order doesn't mean that you don't have to wake up early to go get you shiny new iPhone 4. That's if you don't want to lose it. Demand is high so this actually kind of makes sense to me. I used to work at this store in the mobile dept so I know everyone there. I'm getting one for sure no matter what It's nice knowing people.

Also, I happened to have a 16gb white pre-order still even though I switched over to a black 16gb the next day. So in the off chance that they get in white ones I'm at the top of that list. I can't wait to see what happens on launch day. It should be very interesting indeed. It's going to be madness at these stores!
    stphnman20

I doubt BB is getting them on launch day.. idk why just have that feeling..
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

I seriously doubt that BB will get any white ones. I'm not getting my hopes up at all. I'm completely stoked about getting either color. It would just be kind of cool if they happen to just get a couple in on launch. I will be able to choose which one that I want. I'm kind of torn at this point. They both look awesome in their own way. So I'm good either way.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    280 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I plan on being up there when the doors open anyways, no matter what time they tell me my appointment is. If they do schedule an appointment.
    iPhone 5 16GB - 6.1
    iPad 4 64 GB - 6.1
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5 beta3

Well I ordered Mine on the 16th around 10:30am at my local Best buy and then they told me they wouldn't call until the day before to see whether to come in or not so that kinda means its pointless cause it could just mean I wont have a guaranteed phone somehow. But later that day I walked in with my sister around 5in the afternoon cause she wanted to pre-order as well and the rep told us that they stopped taking orders in at noon because they might have taken too many orders and probably wont have enough phones. So I asked "how many orders did you take?" the rep said "about 50" I was a lil stunned because I don't consider that alot of phones only 50 and they stopped taking orders? I figured they would at least get 100 phones per store. So unfortunately I don't know if I'll get a phone on launch day. Does that sound right though for the store to get 50 phones or less!
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DonDada View Post
    Well I ordered Mine on the 16th around 10:30am at my local Best buy and then they told me they wouldn't call until the day before to see whether to come in or not so that kinda means its pointless cause it could just mean I wont have a guaranteed phone somehow. But later that day I walked in with my sister around 5in the afternoon cause she wanted to pre-order as well and the rep told us that they stopped taking orders in at noon because they might have taken too many orders and probably wont have enough phones. So I asked "how many orders did you take?" the rep said "about 50" I was a lil stunned because I don't consider that alot of phones only 50 and they stopped taking orders? I figured they would at least get 100 phones per store. So unfortunately I don't know if I'll get a phone on launch day. Does that sound right though for the store to get 50 phones or less!
    Fifty per store is a very optimistic number. They only had 600,000 launch units to split between Apple, At&T, BB and Radio Shack. I can all but guarantee that they gave preferential treatment to themselves and AT&T in distribution. I would guess that it is most likely that Best Buy will have less than 10 per store on launch day for a vast majority of their stores.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5 beta3

Quote Originally Posted by stkywik View Post
    Fifty per store is a very optimistic number. They only had 600,000 launch units to split between Apple, At&T, BB and Radio Shack. I can all but guarantee that they gave preferential treatment to themselves and AT&T in distribution. I would guess that it is most likely that Best Buy will have less than 10 per store on launch day for a vast majority of their stores.
    that sucks 10 phones is worthless they may as well not even bother lol
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DonDada View Post
    that sucks 10 phones is worthless they may as well not even bother lol
    I can vouch for that. I was #6 and they called and told me that I will not get mine on Thursday and couldn't tell me when I could get it.
    iPhone Newbie

Smile Best Buy has Iphone 4 today!

Just came from my local Best Buy ! I was the first pre order at this store (Janesville,wi) they have my iphone in and iI am set to be the first appointment at 10:00 am Thursday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    iPhone Nanite

I was told by the lady that I bought my preorder with that they weren't calling for appointments at this Best Buy. I asked how they were still selling preorders and Apple and ATT were both out. She told me that Best Buy had already ordered and had their iPhone shipment. They were selling preorders and keeping up with how many they had. So they open at 10 and I will be there waiting at 8. I'm so pumped. I just talked to my brother who works there and he said they already have shipment at the stores.
    iPhone Beginner

I just called the store I ordered at. She told me they would be calling people who were getting phones on the first shipment tomorrow. Doesn't give me a lot of hope. I should have known, having worked for the company for 5 years, that transparency and communication are not their strong suits.