is anyone sticking with there 3gs for now?

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Eh, I might not upgrade. For one, the main feature Apple showcased was Facetime. The problem with that is only a certain amount of people will the i4 will be able to use that feature. The front camera will eventually be utilized by other apps such as Skype the problem however still remains. How many of my friends are getting the i4 ? Not enough for me to count on one hand.

Second reason is the 32GB cap. I only have 400mb +/- left. I have tons of music , photos, apps and MOVIES. I love movies. I was excited for the higher resolution because that meant HD movies galore ! Sad part is, as my music and photo collection grows, i have to keep switching out movies. I can choose to only carry SOME photos but I hate having to choose between so many.

I think I'll eventually convince my self to bite the bullet but the fact that there might be the with 64GB and 128GB of memory urks me. Guess I'd have to get use to the sell and buy strategy.

Naughty_Ottsel

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I only got my 3GS last month due to an unmissable offer by 3UK who until the 24th do not stock the iPhone. Damn sods law! Plus I have a very low additional income (Ad's from my Apps) which pays my monthly contract fee. I was thinking of selling my 3GS to get an iPhone 4 but the Sim Free Prices are extremely hard to beat (As my 3GS is Sim Free) and I cannot afford to top up the kitty just yet. July is a high paying month, so I may do it then :)

apallatto#IM

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not upgrading right away. My 3GS is only a couple months old and the iPhone 4 wasn't all that impressive to me. Maybe once I actually get to see one and play with it I'll change my mind.

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I got my 3gs 12/2009 and had to turn it in to apple because of a faulty home button. So I got a brandy new 3gs about 4 weeks ago.
So having a newer 3gs is one reason... Here are some others:

- I am not eligable as of yet (not untill 5/2011)
- it still does what I need it to do (I'm jb'n as well)
- Big reason is money. I would have to pay almost full price.
- I also like to buy knock off acessories and t usually takes a bit for knock offs to flood eBay
- I am a fan of the white version

But the HD video , flash for the camera and the higher resolution sound AMAZING. But like someone else above said..., I am waiting in hopes for 64gig.

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
I'm planning on sticking with my 3gs. It does everything I need it to do and I wasn't all that impressed after seeing the iPhone 4. I am not able to upgrade until 01/2011 so I missed the early upgrade pricing by thismuch but even if I had the early upgrade price I'd try to hold back. I don't think the differences in the models warrant the upgrade right now. I'm going to try and hold out for the version a year from now and hope Apple puts a LTE radio in and increases the storage capacity.

Not only did the iPhone 4 leave me unimpressed iOS 4 leaves me wanting as well. What I have seen from iOS 4 doesn't get me interested and I'm still trying to find a list of all "100 new changes" with no luck. I have no intention of upgrading to iOS 4 until either my applications can no longer work on 3.1.3 or the dev-team releases an untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.

StatCoder

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
I'd like to upgrade but I'm not showing up as eligible for any discount. I've had the 3GS for about a year I guess. That means $700 for the 32G according to the Apple website. Assuming that I would be eligible for an early discount this fall, that would mean I could probably get it for $300 sometime this Fall. Anyone else seeing these kinds of numbers? I think my 18 month anniversary is in Feb 2011.

LocoStrange

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Im not allowed to buy one according to my friend. I made her my financial consultant before this occurred so she has to approve anything I buy over 50 bucks, hahaha.

macrunner

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
StatCoder, I'm in the same boat. I can upgrade for the low price in February of '11. Might as well just wait for the new version by then... :/

JustSquared

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm sticking with my 3Gs as well. The new features look amazing and I do qualify for an upgrade but until there are more accessories and some of the bugs/kinks are worked out .. I'm happy with what I have.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73