Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    767 Global Posts

Fed Ex Info Update from an ex-employee - ME

Yes, I'm waiting, but no progress will be shown until FedEx actually picks up shipments and scans into their systems. And remember they have multiple day delivery options.

These will be generated by computer, assigning numbers to each order and placed in que for loading. When that truck departs dock and arrives at FedEx facility, they will be scanned, then you can tell the progress within their system.

Options, due to volume, could be to begin moving thru system to destination terminals via 2nd day service, overnight service for ones going out later, or even held at destination terminals for delivery to begin the same day.

With this volume, they must work within FedEx's perimeters, but Mr. Jobs will have the power to dictate delivery options.

I'm just hoping they give the option for signature release so I don't have to be setting at home waiting for my phone, miss the delivery, and wait another day.
    iPhone Intermediate

I just checked the status of mine on the actual AT&T website and it shows as backordered?!?!?!? I ordered mine on the 15th about 8:30 a.m. WTF is going on... I check the premier website and it says I ordered it on the 15th! So what should I believe?!!??!
    32gb iPhone 5
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,470 Global Posts
    iOS Version

You should call AT&T to clarify. Mine says "In Progress" still.
    Twitter: @codemonkeycodes / website: www.codemonkeycodes.com &
    Married 9/4/11
    iPhone 6 64GB : ~= 5/10/10 RIP Dad, Forever in our hearts =~
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by big9erfan View Post
    Im in the same boat as you... debating on calling. Let me know what they say!

Late
    iPhone Intermediate

I recieved a shipping conformation email this morning from ATT . Mine has been shipped .. Heres what my email said .

AT&T - Shipment Notification

Dear XXXXXX XXXXXX,

Your iPhone order is staged for pickup by our shipping carrier. Your tracking number is shown below.

Because of unprecedented volume, it may be as much as 72 hours before the carrier can provide any detailed information to you. Please don't be concerned if you visit the carrier's site and specific information about your order is not provided. The information will be updated when the carrier picks up the order at our warehouse.

If you placed an order at one of our stores and asked for the product to be shipped to the store for pick up there, our AT&T sales associate will call you when it has arrived.

As a reminder, here are your order details:
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

I just called FedEx customer service and was told that the package was still sitting in texas (where fed-ex has to pick them up from) so since the packages are not yet in the possession of FedEx they can not give an tracking information. My tracking number (and i would assume all yours) is a valid number and should be updated by tomorrow to start tracking where it is. I live in New Mexico which is right next door to texas so i assume mine should be here. maybe Jobs will let us preorders get the phone as soon as FedEx can deliver it to make up for all the system errors. Hey i know it's a long shot but i can dream.
    iPhone 5 16GB Black
    iPhone 4s 16GB Black
    iPhone 4 16GB Black:
    <GO BRONCOS!>
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by card0124 View Post
    I just called FedEx customer service and was told that the package was still sitting in texas (where fed-ex has to pick them up from) so since the packages are not yet in the possession of FedEx they can not give an tracking information. My tracking number (and i would assume all yours) is a valid number and should be updated by tomorrow to start tracking where it is. I live in New Mexico which is right next door to texas so i assume mine should be here. maybe Jobs will let us preorders get the phone as soon as FedEx can deliver it to make up for all the system errors. Hey i know it's a long shot but i can dream.
    Sitting in Texas? I thought these were shipping from Hong Kong?
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by insearchof View Post
    Im in the same boat as you... debating on calling. Let me know what they say!

Late
    I just got off the phone with AT&T and am on hold now with premier. AT&T is showing on their end that it is still in process...but their own website shows that it is on backorder.....I am on hold with premier because even AT&T said they have more info than they can give me, so we'll see what they say.....this is ridiculous..........
    32gb iPhone 5
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by big9erfan View Post
    Mine says in progress as well, but next to it in a box there is a 1 under backorder......
    32gb iPhone 5
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,470 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    Mine says in progress as well, but next to it in a box there is a 1 under backorder......
    Mine has 0s under backorder.
    Married 9/4/11
    iPhone Intermediate

Ok well I just got off of the phone with premier. They "claim" that i shouldn't pay any attention to the AT&T website, I ordered in the designated day, and I should be receiving my tracking number on the 24th. and receiving the phone on or around the 25th so we'll see!
    32gb iPhone 5
    iPhone Newbie

I have nothing in the backorder column. Just 1's in the "Qty Ordered" column. I'm hoping mine is updated by the end of the day, im slowly starting to panic!

Late
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    1,631 Global Posts
    iOS Version

got mine at 10:57am EST but no info is available via Fedex yet
    Join me on Facebook and check out my group: Hack-My-I
    Note: Pls let me know if u are on TiPb while sending me a friend request so i can send u an invitation to the group, Thanks!
    Follow Me on Twitter and I will Follow You Back
    Blk iPhone 4 32GB
    White iPad2 16gb wi-fi: hack-my-i Edition

iCANT Customize MY iPHONE. AGAIN. (iOS4 UPDATE!!!) Sign this Petition and let your voice be heard!!
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Hack-My-I View Post
    got mine at 10:57am EST but no info is available via Fedex yet
    How did you order?
    32gb iPhone 5
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts

Ok well I just got off of the phone with premier. They "claim" that i shouldn't pay any attention to the AT&T website, I ordered in the designated day, and I should be receiving my tracking number on the 24th. and receiving the phone on or around the 25th so we'll see!
    Same exact thing they told me....the second time! The first time I explained to the lady that i ordered and got a confirmation email on the 15th through premier. I was stuck on ATTENTION! status until the 19th when it switched to processing on the premier site. But the AT&T main site 9where you can check order status) says order was placed on the 19th and was backordered. The lady said that there was a delay in processing mine and by the time they got around to maunally entering it, it was the 18th and the order was placed with (regular) AT&T. So now, I was behind everyone whose ordered went through fine and could expect a delay.

Then, I called again to get someone else because she sounded unsure. The second lady sounded more confident and assured me that the 15th was the actual ate to pay attention to, not the 19th. She assured me since it was time-stampted on the 15th mine would arrive on the 24th or 25th and I would get a FedEx number before then.

Take it for what its worth. I probably could call again and get a completely different story.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts

btw - I got my email confirmation at 12:20 PM CST on 6/15, so the order was probably in at noon.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,470 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I ordered around noon on the 15th PST on the AT&T website. My girlfriend ordered IN-STORE around 6pm PST on the 15th.

She just got an email with her tracking number. My order still says "In Progress"....if she gets her phone before me, she's going to flaunt it sooooo badly. I'm 33 and jealous she has a tracking number already lol, it's like I'm 7yrs old again waiting up on Xmas Eve.
    Married 9/4/11
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

It could be helpful if people would people would post screenshots of their ATT order status page, like below and the following information:

* Where did you order: ATT Store
    * Was your order entered in the system or manually taken: manual, at store
    * When did you REALLY order: 15th at 10:15
    * When does ATT say you ordered: 16th
    * Do you have a tracking number: no
    * If you have a tracking number, when did you receive it: n/a
    * If you have a tracking number, what is your projected delivery date: n/a
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Have you received your AT&T tracking number?-att1.jpg  
    iPhone Newbie

* Where did you order: ATT Online
    * Was your order entered in the system or manually taken: Entered in System
    * New or Existing Customer: New
    * When did you REALLY order: 15th at 10:15am EST
    * When does ATT say you ordered: 15th
    * Do you have a tracking number: no
    * If you have a tracking number, when did you receive it: n/a
    * If you have a tracking number, what is your projected delivery date: n/a
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
    Same exact thing they told me....the second time! The first time I explained to the lady that i ordered and got a confirmation email on the 15th through premier. I was stuck on ATTENTION! status until the 19th when it switched to processing on the premier site. But the AT&T main site 9where you can check order status) says order was placed on the 19th and was backordered. The lady said that there was a delay in processing mine and by the time they got around to maunally entering it, it was the 18th and the order was placed with (regular) AT&T. So now, I was behind everyone whose ordered went through fine and could expect a delay.

Then, I called again to get someone else because she sounded unsure. The second lady sounded more confident and assured me that the 15th was the actual ate to pay attention to, not the 19th. She assured me since it was time-stampted on the 15th mine would arrive on the 24th or 25th and I would get a FedEx number before then.

Take it for what its worth. I probably could call again and get a completely different story.
    Wow I think you talked to the exact same people i did lol! So what do we believe?!?!? It took me six and a half hours on the 15th to preorder and finally got thru on 0830 in the morning... I BETTER BE RECEIVING IT ON THE 24TH OR 25TH. Have they charged you for the phone yet because there was a charge on mine at the beginning and then it dropped off.. The lady said I would be charged fully for it once it shipped.....is the premier store part of AT&T or is it a different entitiy......?
    32gb iPhone 5
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Ok in the premier site is still processing...but at the regular order status page " https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status/" i got the status shipped and a tracking number...but i get no results at the fed ex site, probably too early to check.
    iPhone Newbie

Default Wednesday?

FedEx lists my phone being delivered on WEDNESDAY the 23rd by 10:30am
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Have you received your AT&T tracking number?-iphoneshipping.jpg  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

I ordered mine around 6:30AM on the 15th, but the posted order date on the AT&T Order Status site is the 16th. Still no tracking number! I'm fine with waiting a few extra days, but I would just like to know what to expect!
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Mine is showing a tracking number and that it shipped on AT&T order status and in progress on Premičre. Sounds like a good sign.
    iPhone Newbie

can someone clarify the format of the order number? when i ordered over the phone the order number was like this N000-X-999999 and when i check on att orders status is like this EXTP0000000000 which is it? i cant even look up my order on Premier i was up at til 3 am on Tuesday and wasnt even able to purchase til 430 pm tuesday please clarify the order number
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast