Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Pro

Default 32gb Shortage ?!

Seems like Apple may have underestimated the 32 vs 16 ratio.
    I've seen many people who ordered a 32gb for themselves and 16 GB for their better half , gettin "shipped" notification on the 16GB , while the 32GB keeps saying " not shipped "....

I hope there will be enough 32GB units for all of us who ordered on the 15th.
    iPhone Nanite

Mine has shipped! I ordered 1 32gb one!
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

I wouldn't be surprised with the amount of people on here saying they are getting the 32GB. Hope I got my order in in time to get one.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Pro

vaxxxxxx

I know MANY 32GB have been shipped. That was not my point.
    It seems like Apple thought that there would be a 50/50 ratio when it comes to 32GB vs 16GB , but the actual ratio is closer to 75% 32GB / 25% 16GB.
    cbm
    iPhone Newbie

The difference in price, spread out over the two year contract, is something like fourteen cents a day. Seemed like a no-brainer to get the larger size.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts

if you reserved at a store you will be fine; well according to the Apple store here in Hawaii.
    Wifey and I: 2 iPhone 5's (Black - Hers and White - Mine)
    Macbook Pro
    2nd Macbook Air
    New iPad in black 32GB wifi
    3rd Gen. iPod (Baby Lullaby Music)
    If I helped you - Please hit that little +REP button
    It looks like an old-school scale next to the report button
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,617 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

I am possibly switching my mind from 32 to 16. I wonder if they will allow that. Ya never know
    iPhone Intermediate

After reading loads of posts on here saying that their iphone has been shipped, I thought that we were going to start receiving them on the 24th...have I missed something because per the AT&T premier site it says I ordered mine on the 15th which is correct but it still is in "process" oh and one other thing there was a charge for the iphone last week from AT&T but now it has disapeared why is that? thanks for any help~Chris
    32gb iPhone 5
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iMore Pro

Chris
    there has been few cases of cancellations from apple/AT&T, which has resulted in refunds. Good luck.
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Behshad View Post
    Chris
    there has been few cases of cancellations from apple/AT&T, which has resulted in refunds. Good luck.
    Refund? I thought they didn't take the funds out until it is shipped? I thought they just put a temp hold on to it to make sure the funds are available....when I check the order number online it still says processing....am i missing something here lol?
    32gb iPhone 5
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

I am in this situation. My other 1/2 ordered (and received the e-mail about his 16 G in shipment). I on the other hand am waiting to get my e-mail that my 32 G has been shipped. We BOTH ordered on the Apple website on the 15th and received the confirmation e-mail that day.

I hope to wake up to an e-mail today. I will keep my fingers crossed.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
    After reading loads of posts on here saying that their iphone has been shipped, I thought that we were going to start receiving them on the 24th...have I missed something because per the AT&T premier site it says I ordered mine on the 15th which is correct but it still is in "process" oh and one other thing there was a charge for the iphone last week from AT&T but now it has disapeared why is that? thanks for any help~Chris
    A hold can only be on a bank/credit card for 3 business days and then it either has to post or come off, at least that's my understanding of it. I am in the same boat as you as I placed two orders on the 15th.. but I am sure you did as well, chose the free FedEx Overnight. That means that it will probably in process, as long as it doesn't cancel, until the 23rd or 24th. They will re-charge your card right before they ship it out. They need to make sure you have the credit avail or $$ in your account before they do anything. Hope this helps.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    I am possibly switching my mind from 32 to 16. I wonder if they will allow that. Ya never know
    I've done the opposite. Ordered the 16, then changed my mind. Wish I woulda gotten the 32 now.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Yeah! I got my e-mail notification of shipment. Again, I am getting a 32 Gb iPhone 4. I registered on the Apple website.

Good luck to you all!
    iMore Guru

My 32gb iPhone 4 has shipped
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

got mine through att it is just "in progress" =(