Official switching from BlackBerry to iPhone 4 thread

kato10#IM

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm making the switch as well. But I think I'm going to keep my Blackberry just for BBM...if that's possible. I do A LOT of business using BBM.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm making the switch as well. But I think I'm going to keep my Blackberry just for BBM...if that's possible. I do A LOT of business using BBM.

There are a bunch of app that are PIN like and will be available on iPhone, Android and BB realms so we can all communicate that way, I have several now, but pMessenger and PingChat 2 seem to be the front runners and pMessenger Full version was free with the launch on BB not too long ago..

Jonmartin

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Well I got my iPhone but I honestly miss my Bold 9700 I miss the battery life because I could use that sucker all day for 15+ hours and still have 50-60% battery life.

I also miss BBM alot and the instant e-mails I don't know if I can get over it but I'll try. The browser thing doesn't really phase me because that's what computers are for. E-mails are nice though just wish it was instant. It just seems the BB was the more useful device and the iPhone is more dazzling to look at. I will probably hold on to iPhone for a lil while and then pick up the Bold 9800 when its released that should fix the browser thing and I'll have all that functionality I miss back.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any issue with my emails being instant, sometimes I get them on my iPhone before I get them on my laptop

bellizima

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I miss my instant email w my 9700. Battery life as well. Emails are slow w attachments..All in all i4 is sweet but i might go w bb 9780 and a mac book air 11'

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I got my iPhone but I honestly miss my Bold 9700 I miss the battery life because I could use that sucker all day for 15+ hours and still have 50-60% battery life.

I also miss BBM alot and the instant e-mails I don't know if I can get over it but I'll try. The browser thing doesn't really phase me because that's what computers are for. E-mails are nice though just wish it was instant. It just seems the BB was the more useful device and the iPhone is more dazzling to look at. I will probably hold on to iPhone for a lil while and then pick up the Bold 9800 when its released that should fix the browser thing and I'll have all that functionality I miss back.

Interesting statement...so the email system seems to be the only thing you're really missing besides the asinine assumption that a touch screen phone with many more features would have better battery life than a phone that does not...and this makes the iPhone simply "dazzling to look at"?

I have a curve that i use everyday for work and it does one thing better...and that is letting me know an email is sitting in the inbox without me having to go look for it...that's it. As far as a useful device, i dont know how people actually use blackberrys for anything other than getting emails...they're almost useless with internet and the apps are...ahem...laughable to say the least.

No offense, but that comment about the iPhone was absurd.

sigmamason

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Had several BBs, then a Nokia E71 that was a beast of a phone, then a Bold 9700, then a 3GS, then iP4, then Captivate, then Bold 9800, then back to the iP4. Outside of BBM, I will miss absolutely nothing about the BB infrastructure. I have a small side business and it was a pain in the rear to view pics or websites or run the admin console for sites I own if I am not at a computer...
The gap between iOS and Blackberry is not as big as we think and it will be a matter of personal choice. I am not a big fan of Apple but I do like the iP4 and makes me want to continue using the iPhone series for a long time.

allenmobis

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Switching from Blackberry Storm 9500 to iPhone 4.

I have switched from BB 9500 to iPhone 4. I knew this day would come. In fact, when I initial purchased my BlackBerry storm, I informed my supplier that I was not prepared to commit to the BlackBerry service for an extended time period. I did that because I knew that at 1 point or an additional, I would be creating the transition to iPhone. Nevertheless, the initial iPhone to come out after I started using the storm was the 3Gs. As impressive as that additional speed was, I was not going to give up on the BlackBerry email experience for a little much more processing power. So, I waited.
Then came the iPhone 4 and I now plan on ending my long lasting relationship with my BlackBerry. Nevertheless, before I break up with my storm, I will say to it ?It?s not you, it?s me?. I loved the storm, no scratch that, I really like the storm. Nevertheless, it has one too numerous shortcomings for a heavy user like myself and with the new iPhone out, I see no reason to stick this out.:)

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe there is a way to move SMS to and from either device.

I could never find a way either. I backed up my SMS messages the "hard" way: copy/paste into email, and sent them to one of my other email accounts. Time consuming, but effective.

*In no particular order.... I've had every generation iPhone except the original. Blackberry 7290, 7100i, Curve 8300, Pearl 8100, Bold 9000. Nokia E71x (big mistake), HTC (Cingular) 8125, HTC (T-Mobile) Dash, HTC Aria, and plenty of "dumb" phones. The recurring theme is, I kept coming back to iPhone. Now that I have the 4, no more straying. I'm here to stay.*

marvar11

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I also switched from a blackberry 9700 to my iPhone 4. So far im pretty happy i miss my keys sometimes but ill be ok with out them

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I have switched from BB 9500 to iPhone 4. I knew this day would come. In fact, when I initial purchased my BlackBerry storm, I informed my supplier that I was not prepared to commit to the BlackBerry service for an extended time period. I did that because I knew that at 1 point or an additional, I would be creating the transition to iPhone. Nevertheless, the initial iPhone to come out after I started using the storm was the 3Gs. As impressive as that additional speed was, I was not going to give up on the BlackBerry email experience for a little much more processing power. So, I waited.
Then came the iPhone 4 and I now plan on ending my long lasting relationship with my BlackBerry. Nevertheless, before I break up with my storm, I will say to it ?It?s not you, it?s me?. I loved the storm, no scratch that, I really like the storm. Nevertheless, it has one too numerous shortcomings for a heavy user like myself and with the new iPhone out, I see no reason to stick this out.:)

Welcome to the dark side ;)

pegasusl

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hi all

I'm brand new in here, in fact I came here via the link from CrackBerry.com

I have just taken receipt of my very first iPhone (iPhone 4) having had a BlackBerry 9500 Storm for the last 2 years on Vodafone UK (was tied to a 2 year deal).

It's been a love/hate relationship really. I loved my Storm out of the box..! I loved how easy eMails were handled, and integration with Outlook was fab. I had some great apps on it too (some I've found for my iPhone as well already)

I hated the UI and eventually installed a theme to mimic the Leopard OS from the Mac which improved my user experience 10,000%. I hated having to pull the battery every day to keep it running. Lastly I hated that it just got more and more "buggy" and needed unofficial OS leaks to make it work anything like it should have from the box. Looked at the latest BB (Torch) but just didn't take to it.

In the end, the unit just became too sluggish and crashed too often for me to persivere. I jumped carrier to Orange UK, and picked up an iPhone 4 for the same deal as I was previously on and suddenly I have a unit that does EVERYTHING it promised to be!

Really sad to see the BB go in some ways, but excited with my iPhone 4 too.

All in CrackBerry were a fantastic bunch, and I hope that this will be a similar experience in TiPB..!

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
welcome do the dark side, I am from Crackberry as well you'll find this forum to be a lot more friendly and trolls are almost unheard of here, there are the occasionals, but there are in any forum.

Hope you love your i4 as much as I do mine

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
I came from a BB Bold 9000 to a 3Gs. Then, when the Torch came out I had a friend give me theirs, since they didn't like it. I liked it for a while, but I'm dying for a i4. I have an upgrade coming up in January, and could probably upgrade now, but just don't have the cash. Wish I hadn't sold the 3Gs, but oh well, we live and learn!
The only thing I'm hoping for is that more iOS5 details emerge, so I can decide whether to use my upgrade on an i4, or wait for the 5!

Edit: Meant to say I'm also a Crackberry alum; I still spend a good bit of time over there, but spending time here as welll.

Last edited:

pegasusl

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
welcome do the dark side, I am from Crackberry as well you'll find this forum to be a lot more friendly and trolls are almost unheard of here, there are the occasionals, but there are in any forum.

Hope you love your i4 as much as I do mine

Well so far I DEFINITELY am! :D

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Well so far I DEFINITELY am! :D

I remember when I left my storm 2 for a 3GS, thought I'd died and gone to heaven lol the only thing I missed at the time was BBM and battery and now... battery life is superior to any BB I had with the i4 and BBM, i don't miss it, I think I missed it since big red locks down how many characters you can send in a text lol

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi all

I'm brand new in here, in fact I came here via the link from CrackBerry.com

I have just taken receipt of my very first iPhone (iPhone 4) having had a BlackBerry 9500 Storm for the last 2 years on Vodafone UK (was tied to a 2 year deal).

It's been a love/hate relationship really. I loved my Storm out of the box..! I loved how easy eMails were handled, and integration with Outlook was fab. I had some great apps on it too (some I've found for my iPhone as well already)

I hated the UI and eventually installed a theme to mimic the Leopard OS from the Mac which improved my user experience 10,000%. I hated having to pull the battery every day to keep it running. Lastly I hated that it just got more and more "buggy" and needed unofficial OS leaks to make it work anything like it should have from the box. Looked at the latest BB (Torch) but just didn't take to it.

In the end, the unit just became too sluggish and crashed too often for me to persivere. I jumped carrier to Orange UK, and picked up an iPhone 4 for the same deal as I was previously on and suddenly I have a unit that does EVERYTHING it promised to be!

Really sad to see the BB go in some ways, but excited with my iPhone 4 too.

All in CrackBerry were a fantastic bunch, and I hope that this will be a similar experience in TiPB..!

Welcome man! As long as you completely ignore anything the troll ChrisGonzolez says, you'll be just fine!

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90