Billed twice by AT&T!

WcHorse

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
So my wife calls me today and tells me there are two pending charges at our bank for AT&T. So I call AT&T and they say it's the banks fault. So I call the bank and they point the blame back at AT&T. Call AT&T and they then blame the error on the retail store(walk-in preorder). Rep at store states one pending charge should be the initial hold and the second charge added today when processed should be the actual payment for the preorder. Bank states that either one or both charges will release or actually process tonight. Here's to hoping one releases and one processes! Anyone else have a similar issue?

bjames2785

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes I was charged twice as well. they made an error
in the ATT store Trying to submit my order on the 15th.
they ran My card again this time the order went through
Completely. the hold for my first order was released
This morning and my second order is good to go
Paid and ready to pick up on the 24th

WcHorse

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
They said the system was acting funny that day so that might explain the double billing. Oh well if they charge me twice I have already confirmed with my bank that they will get my money plus any possible overdraft fees(yeah Im that broke) back to me from AT&T because its obviously their fault.

bjames2785

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Cool good to see you have a good bank that takes
Care of you my bank would have prob blamed the
Mistake on me and said we cant help you and we
Are Charging you $100 for asking questions. LOL
Needless to say I've had some major issues with
Wachovia. I hope everything else goes smoothly for you

WcHorse

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Ok so the initial charge has now disappeared and now only the new charge remains so Im sure this is going to be the "real" charge. Yeah it is surprising to find any company that will be on your side anymore. I bank at PNC by the way.

therandomone

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
It's quite common to have pending charges from retailers. It usually does no harm, as it stays pending until the real charge settles through. Once that happens, the pending charge disappears. It's like when you pay for gas at the pump with a card, it runs a charge to make sure you can actually afford the gas, this charge will stay pending until your real amount gets approved.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner