iPhone G5 wish list. Wudaya mean it's too soon?
1...Available in Canada first.
2...Forget this careful, efficient memory 'sipping' version of multi tasking.
Take all the specs and pimp them out. I want all the other amartphones to stand around the iPhone chanting 'CHUG-A-LUG, CHUG-A-LUG, CHUG-A-LUG!
Why should we be the designated drivers of multi-tasking?
I know what you're thinking. What about the five pound battery we'd need to carry around to power this memory sucking pig of a cell phone?
No problem. Apple will have a new line of accessories to make money with.
Introducing... The iSack !
Buy two, that way if your sack runs out of juice, you're covered.
Or you could borrow a friends.
So, what would everyone else like to see in iPhone G5?
Last edited by LazyStarGazer; 06-17-2010 at 04:54 PM.
- 06-17-2010, 05:37 PM #2
Definitely a bigger screen, widgets and a notification system. All of the things I envy about the HTC Evo. The devil is slowly pulling me away. As one who wishes for a white iPhone 4 - I don't know when I'll have my day anyway. I might as well wait for the iPhone G5, LOL! I'll probably die a slow dealth.
- 06-17-2010, 06:09 PM #3
"if your sack runs out of juice"..... Do I really need to be the one to make a joke out of this? haha..
My wishlist would be:
1. Perfected notifications (if it doesn't come in September via iOS 4.1 for iPad and iPhone, which I really think it will). I fully expect these to be even better than what is offered on webOS and Android.
2. Widgets. At the very least I want the weather icon and clock icon to be alive. Why would you put a static, false representation of the weather, and a static clock as weather and clock icons?? At this point the weather icon especially is a complete fail.
Expanded widgets would also be really nice. See my thread with mockups:
3. Theming. No, not your lame jailbreak themes with stupid replacement icons and ship. Real themes, themes which really change the behaviour of the OS while still being slick as hell and smooth as butter. Heavily policed theming, all themes would need to be tested for absolute fluidity and quality.
4. 64GB. Pretty sure this will come next year. I don't know why everyone expected it this year, Look at the upgrades in the past, iPhone and iPhone 3G topped out at 16GB. iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 top out at 32GB. iPhone 5 and iPhone 6 will top out at 64GB. Don't even ask for 128GB, it's too expensive for mass production and will be for a while.
5. LTE. It is upon us, believe it or not. I fully believe AT&T is going to bring out an (albeit weak) LTE network (no weaker than Sprint's WiMax, which isn't even as fast as HSPA 3G). I happen to know for a fact that Telus and Bell in Canada have been constructing an LTE network since they completed their HSPA network, so they'll be ready in early 2010 for testing, summer 2010 for launch most likely. Rogers is no slouch either, I suspect they've been working on LTE even longer than Bell and Telus.
- 06-17-2010, 06:13 PM #4
- 06-17-2010, 06:18 PM #5
- 06-17-2010, 06:28 PM #6
- 06-17-2010, 06:45 PM #7
- 06-17-2010, 07:37 PM #9
1. The EVO screen is too big, but not by much. I debate between 3.8 or 4.0 inches but somewhere around there.
2. Notifications. I know they are working on it, especially since they hired that Palm guy.
4. Unlocked in the US
There are other things, but these are at the top my head.
- 06-17-2010, 07:51 PM #10
Honestly, I'm sitting here using my iPhone 3GS, and is it just me or is the screen already big enough??? Apple doesn't feel the need to have the "mine is bigger" fight that all of the other manufacturers are having, and that just shows that they are secure with their product and quality and software trump size and a spec sheet.
If it were any larger I wouldn't be able to use it with one hand, and that would be a big problem in my eyes.
- 06-17-2010, 07:57 PM #11
- 06-17-2010, 08:13 PM #12
- 06-17-2010, 09:36 PM #13
Also widgets and a better notification system would seal the deal. Well that and a Verizon version.
Last edited by j7469; 06-17-2010 at 09:55 PM.
- 06-17-2010, 10:42 PM #14
- 06-17-2010, 11:02 PM #15
- 06-17-2010, 11:04 PM #16
- 06-17-2010, 11:07 PM #17
- 06-17-2010, 11:49 PM #18
- 06-18-2010, 12:09 AM #19
- 06-18-2010, 04:49 AM #20
- 06-24-2010, 11:04 AM #21
- 06-24-2010, 11:06 AM #22
- 06-24-2010, 11:17 AM #23
For me though. Oem apple widgets would be nice. Dual core processor. Same screen would probably be fine. LTE unlimited data.
Better integration with peripherals.
1gb of RAM
64gb of storage.
Streaming music and video from iTunes
Face time over 4G.
And please apple. Sound profiles or API access to the sound profiles.
- 08-12-2010, 07:26 PM #24
- 08-12-2010, 09:42 PM #25