iPhone G5 wish list. Wudaya mean it's too soon?

donkeyboy619

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I would really like to see a "today" screen similar to what BB has, that gives you a couple of calender events on your home screen.

And an LED indicator. The things i miss about my BB

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
First off. The iPhone 5th gen will be called the iPhone 4G. As it will support 4th gen LTE and/or Wimax. I think that is also when we'll see a verrizon iPhone.

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
For me though. Oem apple widgets would be nice. Dual core processor. Same screen would probably be fine. LTE unlimited data.

Better integration with peripherals.

1gb of RAM

64gb of storage.

Streaming music and video from iTunes

Face time over 4G.

And please apple. Sound profiles or API access to the sound profiles.

etexans82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I would like a bigger screen. I think the more pixels kinda makes the screen look smaller. Gotta do something about these obtrusive notifications. Notifications should have been changed atleast a year ago.

ssampath

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Should separate the hardware and software lists -

Hardware:
- Would like a bigger screen but not a bigger phone - Would like the Button and the speaker moved to side of the phone so the whole front of the phone can be the dispaly
- Faster CPU - maybe dual core.
- Faster net - 4G/LTE/WiMax???
- Thermometer/Barometer/Altimeter ???
- Bigger battery - would be good if had to charge the phone only once a week!
- A little more water proof? My daughter's iPod touch seems to have water damage with being in the backpack when it was raining.
- Stronger Glass - wife cracked the screen on her new iPhone 4 - lucky Apple replaced it for free!

Software:
- Notifications of course have to be streamlined.
- Active Lock screen with time/calendar/mail/message areas so dont have to unlock.
- Active icons - would these be widgets then?
- I think it may be time to stop working on Clock/stock/weather/Calculator apps and concentrate on the "core" apps like mail/calendar/safari/ipod???

Hoping we will have most of these software features this year in an update!!

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
64 GB. New form factor that solves the "death grip" antenna problem. I could take or leave widgets and theming, though I wouldn't complain if they were there. A new notification system would be great. A "today" type screen without having to jailbreak would be really nice. So would an SBSettings type function. Otherwise, I like the screen, buttons and lack of hardware keyboard just fine as they are!

ssampath

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I think it may be time for Apple to ditch the connector they have and go with a mini usb like most other phones. I think this is a requirement in Europe? All their chargers are usb chargers anyway!

greenapple

Jun 17, 2010
www.flickr.com
ha. why would they do that when they want to control the market? thats like telling them to finally integrate flash ;)

i agree on better email notification..with the bb whenever i get a new email it would pop up like a text, whetheras with the iphone i'd have to click into the program :|

also it would be lovely to 'tag' the photos in the photo viewer like flickr allows..so when i take a picture i can add key words onto it.

killthelights32

Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
I would LOVE the ability to choose what information I want to restore to my phone from backup. I only ever want to restore my texts, everything else I couldn't care less.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll