ios4 on 3gs (using windows)

Mittens the kittens

May 1, 2010
Visit site
After an hour or so tinkering i have successfully gotten os4 loaded on my 3gs using windows. It is possible and i must say this phone performs ALOT faster than it did before and oh oh did i mention multitasking!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I had to set it up as a new phone. I tried to restore from backup after I upgraded to 4.0, but the backup failed. There went all my saved games....

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
All you have to do is download iTunes 9.2 for Windows (avail. as of yesterday), and find a torrent for iOS 4 GM (3GS). You don't need a registered UDID, you don't need to jailbreak. Also, if you shift+click "Update" instead of "Restore", it works fine. I've done it two years in a row for the GM builds.

And yes OP it's pretty damn awesome sauce. Once all the third-party apps are recompiled in the OS4 SDK we will have something truly awesome on our hands. For now, you can tell if an app is 4.0-compatible when it has a "+" icon. (the same + as iTunes+). In my experience though, one + app I tested; "Farm Story", did not support saved states. Don't know what that's about but we'll see.

pluggrh

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
Is it safe to load the iOS4 that is out there now or is it best to wait until Monday? I would like to play with it now but i don't want to lose anything. If i loaded iOS4 now and something went awry could i then restore from the backup i had before i loaded iOS4?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Well, the current version out in the wild is the gold master candidate. It most likely is the final version due Monday, but there could be a small tweak here or there. My advice is that since we are only a couple of days from official release, just wait.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox