Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

4 Posts
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default iOS 4 Internet Tethering Bug

Hello, my first post here! so excuse me if I'm not posting this in the right place.

I've found a bug with the Internet Tethering Settings page; which also highlights a small problem with iPhone's state-saving behavior and Steve Job's task manager hating attitude.

Take a look:

(Don't have enough posts to post links/images.. it's also attached)

Notice the missing <network> button at the top that takes you back up a level?

Yeahh.. theres no way out of this! If you click the home button and come back to the Settings app from the springboard/Multitask Bar you get the same page because it saved the god-damn bug ridden state!

The only way you can get rid of it is to do the awful - hold the power button till off slider comes up... switch... hold the home button till app closes - maneuver!
    Last edited by Genomalice; 06-16-2010 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling...:)
    iPhone Intermediate

408 Posts
    Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

did you report this to apple? are you a dev?
    iPhone Beginner

79 Posts

you could open up a different app, double tap home button to to bring up multitasking menu and hold your finger on setting app until it starts shaking and press the red minus.
    iPhone Beginner

83 Posts

Email that to jobs, I wanna see what the response is...