**Update on Bestbuy orders**

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I just thought about this. I'm going to upgrade under my moms line which is a premier account with company discount on her plan. Will be bestbuy be able to honer this? If not my pre order is for not :(

I would worry less about it being a premier account than the line being in her name. Have you been added to make changes to the account?

S

stphnman20

I just came from BB and they said that they are going to get it on the 24th but only a few.. The majority is going to be at ATT and Apple.

Wilsonator

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
My girlfriend and I both prerdered iPhone 4s from BB yesterday. Hers was a 16gig white and mine was a black 16gig. So after hearing all the doubts about the white etc etc we went in today to try and figure stuff out and he said on the 24th they are getting 20 of each black model and 10 of each white model. They said that this particular store had a low amount of white preorders when they were told to stop taking them so the ones they have for the white ones will be filled for sure on launch day.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I hope my 16 gb white iPhone is waiting at Best Buy for me on the 24th but, seriously, I'm not going to hold my breath.

dudrsnacks

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I went back into BB today to see what the deal was about the white version and if they are even getting iPhone 4s at all. I used to work at this BB and still know all the management team and they said that they aren't getting any whites in period. They are going to have to try to figure something out for the people that pre-ordered the white version. I had a white pre-ordered and my manager friend told me straight up I wouldn't be getting it at launch. They would only be getting a hand full of Black models. Maybe it's store specific, but my local BB is not getting white for sure and barely getting black. Very lame indeed.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah....kind of had to see that coming with the white one. But I am surprised they couldn't guarantee their supply for release day. Guess Apple may be pulling back some to try and help themselves and AT&T out.

A situation like this is why I decided going to a 3rd party vendor (BB, Radio Shack, Walmart) was something I wanted to avoid as much as humanly possible.

thats why i continued trying Apple.com from 2am on the day it all began...I ended up getting it pre-ordered from them to be delivered to my house on launch day!

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
I got a call from the district manager of BB in St. Louis today apologizing for the confusion on the white iphone and he offered me the black on launch day if i liked. He said that Apple had given them the info on the white iphones, hence the sku's in their system, but were unable to fulfill any orders for reasons he didn't know.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'm good. Had her add me last year to get the 3gs.

I think you should be good then. I have premier as well. I only get a discount on my service and earlier upgrades than regular accounts, not on the phones themselves. Does she get phone discounts as well???

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
I think you should be good then. I have premier as well. I only get a discount on my service and earlier upgrades than regular accounts, not on the phones themselves. Does she get phone discounts as well???

No, I didn't get one when I got the 3GS so I don't think she does. On a side note, I went to BB today to see how far up the list I was and change my contact number. Mobile rep said they had 40 pre-orders at the store and that I was pretty far up the list. :) Looks like I will get one on Launch day.

Wilsonator

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I have called almost everyday to ask my bb what's going on with my black 16gig and my gfs white 16gig. I just got off the phone and they said that I am 100% fine but my gf is not. They said their shipment is coming in Wednesday with 20 of each black model and HOPEFULLY 10 of each white model. We were preorders #9 and #10 so they will for sure have enough blacks to fulfill my order but their number of whites or if they'll get any at all is still up in the air so my gf is in trouble.

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Just called my local BB and AT&T store. BB said they should get some in either Wednesday night or Thursday morning how many she didn't know. Said they will start calling soon as they get some in and figure out how many they have. My local AT&T store is going to open at 7AM said I should probably get there around 4am >< if I want to get one she didn't know how many they where getting but its definitely sounding better than BB right now except for the whole early morning crap.

poisoned10

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I was in the Best Buy that I pre-ordered from and asked the rep if everything was still good on receiving my iPhone 4 Thursday. After she asked my name and which model I ordered she looked and said that I WILL be getting one Thursday and that they will be calling to set up an appointment. If they call me or not, I'll be up there when the doors open at 9am to get my iPhone.

d.allen

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Best Buy has put up info on the white iphones.. those of us waiting for a white iphone are probably out of luck.. but we should have assumed that anyway. Since I can't post the link, since I have fewer then 10 posts(wtf) here is a brief read from it.

UPDATE 6/22: Best Buy? has received confirmation that, due to Apple manufacturing delays, we will not be provided with the white iPhone 4 versions for launch day, June 24th, 2010. Once we are provided with an estimate of when it will be available, we will pass it along. If you have a pre-order for a white iPhone 4, it will still be valid whenever we receive them.

Please note that Best Buy? stopped accepting pre-orders for any models of the iPhone 4 on Wednesday, June 16th, 2010.

paulrkiii

Sep 29, 2009
www.facebook.com
I just called the BB in my area...I'm #5 overall, and #2 for a 32 gig...she said I'll get a call tomorrow letting me know my status...I'm not going to hold my breath until I have the phone in hand...

MjCh97

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I will be there when they open the doors. My brother works at the Best Buy that I preordered my phones at and he said that he saw the shipment already there tonight when he left work. So the phones are already there. I'm just hoping that they surprise me and have the white ones available.

boss4life

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I just got a call from Bestbuy where i pre-ordered the 32g White. The manager stated that he has gotten word from Bestbuy and they will not be available until summer sometime. Could not give a date. He also stated that there is now no guarantee that people will get their phone on launch date. He stated that Apple cannot guarantee that Bestbuy will receive their shipment for the 24 launch. He offered me a 32g Black when they arrive. He said that if they do not receive the product then he will call me to reschedule my appointment.

This just pisses me off!! Anybody else get the phone call today?

I received a call from BB this afternoon. They stated that although I was only the 5th person to place an order they would only have 1 of the 2 phones I ordered. So they have my 32gb phone but not the 16gb phone.

Obviously they have my other phone as well but are choosing to sell it to someone else. If they have the one phone they have to have both. I informed them to be prepared to have a better explanation when I arrive.

Unless the store received less than10 phones there is no way that they should be unable to complete my order. I know for a fact that when I placed my order they had only 4 phones on order. I wish them good luck attempting to explain how they were unable to complete my order

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods