Let's meet up at the Apple store on the 24th!

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Green Hills mall - Nashville, TN.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why I pre-ordered. I'm quite convinced I'm the only person who knows how to use a smartphone in this state. There's no danger of running out of stock. :p

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Briarwood Mall in Ann Arbor, MI

My very first iPhone. I did a reservation. Called the store and confirmed and they assured me it will be there all day waiting for me. Wasn't able to pre-order thanks to at&t.

I'm not sure what time I should go. I probably won't be able to sleep the night before, so I'm thinking about going in bright and early. I could do the responsible thing and actually go to work and just pick it up later in the day, but that's no fun.

frogstofall

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I'll be at the Altamonte Mall as well. Plan to be there around 5 as well. Any idea which mall door will be opened to allow people in?

I've actually been digging to find out. Apparently the entrance between Elephant Bar and Barnes & Noble. Gonna call on Monday to get that confirmed by mall security.

I'll probably have on a Chicago Bears shirt. :)

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Briarwood Mall in Ann Arbor, MI

My very first iPhone. I did a reservation. Called the store and confirmed and they assured me it will be there all day waiting for me. Wasn't able to pre-order thanks to at&t.

I'm not sure what time I should go. I probably won't be able to sleep the night before, so I'm thinking about going in bright and early. I could do the responsible thing and actually go to work and just pick it up later in the day, but that's no fun.

Welcome to the iPhone fun! Warning- it's addictive!

GeorgeD

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Typically, what are the regulations for waiting overnight at an Apple Store located in a mall? Are you allowed inside at most malls? Any insight would be appreciated.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
People have to wait outside. When the time comes, that's when they allow you inside. The way the malls do it here is have some wait directly wait outside, about 25 people max, and the rest wait around the corner. I'm sure the rest do it similarly.

GeorgeD

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Wonder where you wait since the store in my mall doesn't have an outside storefront. I guess maybe the entrance closest to the store. Wonder if I should go to the local ATT since it will be easier to see when people start lining up and it will be obvious where to line up. Thoughts?

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Typically, what are the regulations for waiting overnight at an Apple Store located in a mall? Are you allowed inside at most malls? Any insight would be appreciated.

Depends on the mall. Our Apple store is located inside woodfield mall. We wait outside at a specific entrance, they have an area that's normally specified for iPhone launches, and I'm sure, other product launches. In the past, they never complained about people lining up, the security guards came out around 4am and gave the people waiting numbered wristbands so when hoards of people came, no one that waited all night got cut by some jerk. Around 5:30-6am they open the mall doors and let us wait outside the apple store. they took us in about 15 at a time and the rest waited outside. Eventually the line went all the way from the Apple store outside the mall doors. Woodfield is pretty lax as long as people don't get rowdy but that probably varies from mall to mall. We all waited in one line outside woodfield, security was really cool and apple employees popped in and out all throughout the night, took pics with us and talked with us. It's a fun time, that's why we do it there every year. All the people in line are awesome as well as the mall and apple employees.

GeorgeD

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Depends on the mall. Our Apple store is located inside woodfield mall. We wait outside at a specific entrance, they have an area that's normally specified for iPhone launches, and I'm sure, other product launches. In the past, they never complained about people lining up, the security guards came out around 4am and gave the people waiting numbered wristbands so when hoards of people came, no one that waited all night got cut by some jerk. Around 5:30-6am they open the mall doors and let us wait outside the apple store. they took us in about 15 at a time and the rest waited outside. Eventually the line went all the way from the Apple store outside the mall doors. Woodfield is pretty lax as long as people don't get rowdy but that probably varies from mall to mall. We all waited in one line outside woodfield, security was really cool and apple employees popped in and out all throughout the night, took pics with us and talked with us. It's a fun time, that's why we do it there every year. All the people in line are awesome as well as the mall and apple employees.

Thanks. I will take a testtrip to the store tomorrow. Appreciate the heads up about what I can expect.

frogstofall

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site

I love Woodfield. Used to go there all the time when I lived in Lake County. Wish I were there actually.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2