SO I Pre-Ordered at AT&T question...

lbtriguy

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So I went at like 3pm PT and I was told it would be available between June 25th-July 2nd, and they would call me and let me know when it was in the store to come pick it up...I tried to ask if I could come on launch day but I don't think the guy knew what was getting at. Am I able to come on launch day if there are any available that is, and get one then instead of the one I pre-ordered for After June 24th...I am not good at waiting...or if I went to a wal-mart and got one instead of the other...however I have already paid for the one I just pre-ordered today.

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
ATT stores only supported home deliveries as I was told yesterday when I placed my order in. I was told between 24&25 for the delivery but since it comes from apple directly, I can hope for a 24th delivery. Did you confirm whether this was really a store pick-up?

nmoreman

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I went to ATT Customer Store yesterday to ask questions about switching carriers, was told I could pre-order and pickup reserved phone the day after general release. Didn't have time to complete order.
Went back at 6 p.m. Central Time to order, was told that it would not be available for pickup, it would be shipped via FedEx to my door sometime by the 5th. Their system was going up and down, received confirmation late my order was in.

I'm excited, new to ATT and Iphone due to move into non-served area by my carrier, so switching from Pre (love it) to Iphone. Now as luck would have it, mine broke this morning, and have to limp along till I get this one.

pendragyn

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I went to ATT Customer Store yesterday to ask questions about switching carriers, was told I could pre-order and pickup reserved phone the day after general release.

This is complete BS AT&T. If I am pre-ordering I should be able to get the phone on the day of release. I shouldn't be held back a day, that is why I am pre-ordering. Last year I ordered at the store, and was able to pick it up on release day at the store, they even opened early for pre-orders. This year it should be no different.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
So I went at like 3pm PT and I was told it would be available between June 25th-July 2nd, and they would call me and let me know when it was in the store to come pick it up...I tried to ask if I could come on launch day but I don't think the guy knew what was getting at. Am I able to come on launch day if there are any available that is, and get one then instead of the one I pre-ordered for After June 24th...I am not good at waiting...or if I went to a wal-mart and got one instead of the other...however I have already paid for the one I just pre-ordered today.

My girlfriend did the same thing, though she was only able to get her order in around 5:30pm. She went there at 3PM PST but the store turned her away saying their systems were down, to call back later. She called at 5:30pm PST they said come down now, the system was just back online. She showed up, there were 10 people or so there but when the manager saw her, he moved her to the front saying she had been there earlier and the day before to make sure she could get her upgrade done early for the normal price. After all was said and done the store manager told her that he would be surprised if she had to wait longer than the 28th for her phone, but wouldn't be surprised if she got it on the 25th. He would call her when it showed up in store to pick it up.

I ordered mine through ATT online, the order shows up as in-progress, hopefully that means I'll get mine on release day and have to stay home to wait for Fed-Ex/UPS :)

pendragyn

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
It's not BS... they don't have an unlimited amount.

I understand they don't have an unlimited amount, but I was in to order an hour after the store opened and they said it should be there on the 25th, the day after release. And it is BS that they were using a system that wasn't tested, and wasn't able to handle the load. AT&T did not execute this well at all.

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
My girlfriend did the same thing, though she was only able to get her order in around 5:30pm. She went there at 3PM PST but the store turned her away saying their systems were down, to call back later. She called at 5:30pm PST they said come down now, the system was just back online. She showed up, there were 10 people or so there but when the manager saw her, he moved her to the front saying she had been there earlier and the day before to make sure she could get her upgrade done early for the normal price. After all was said and done the store manager told her that he would be surprised if she had to wait longer than the 28th for her phone, but wouldn't be surprised if she got it on the 25th. He would call her when it showed up in store to pick it up.

I ordered mine through ATT online, the order shows up as in-progress, hopefully that means I'll get mine on release day and have to stay home to wait for Fed-Ex/UPS :)

yeah my order says it is in progress too. my friend told me had checked his this morning it and it say "on time" dunno what he means by this but i placed my order successfully before he did and my order does not mention anything about being on time. just says in progress.

marissaa310

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my in the AT&T store as well. The guy told me that they were only available for store pick-up, not for home delivery. This was around 4:00 EST, and he told me they anticipated the phone in stores the 24th or the 25th, and I would get an email when it was in.

Later last night, I finally got my confirmation email, and it said they were trying as hard as they could to get all phones to stores by the 24th, but there was a "slight chance" of some customers receiving phones between June 25th-28th. Sooo.. who knows.

pendragyn

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I never did get a confirmation email. Just a "We are sure you will enjoy your new phone" email with a link to an online device tutorial that doesn't work. I have checked my account and show my order listed as "In Progress". Odd thing though, I swear when I looked at it originally it listed aech item as back ordered, but not any more.

mobile79

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I ordered online middle of the day yesterday, got the confirmation email, but checking order status I get the message that the system doesn't recognize my order number. The confirmation email comforts me somewhat but I can't figure why I'm not able to pull up the order status.

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Where did you order and where are you checking your order? I ordered from ATT store and it shows up on my account there and not on apple's site.

lbtriguy

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So then would I still be able to just got to AT&T in the morning of the 24th if they have some available instead of the one I already purchased that I wouldn't get until after the 25th?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
So then would I still be able to just got to AT&T in the morning of the 24th if they have some available instead of the one I already purchased that I wouldn't get until after the 25th?

Since you already have the order in place, if it is in their system, I doubt it. Since that is the one upgrade you have on your line, it will be taken due to the pre-order. I'm not sure if you can cancel your pre-order or not. There may be a work around, but I don't really know of one.

JRoZe410

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I ordered online middle of the day yesterday, got the confirmation email, but checking order status I get the message that the system doesn't recognize my order number. The confirmation email comforts me somewhat but I can't figure why I'm not able to pull up the order status.

Im in the same situation.Its really frustrating considering I stayed up most of the night and finally got my pre-order in at 9:30 am est.HOpefully they fix it very soon because if I can get it on release day I might have to cancel because Ill be on Vacation the first week of July.

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Ordered last night in store, via paper order. Just got email confirm. Clicked the link and states "in Progress"... Just like others' emails, it mentions delivery date may be 25-28th, which I'm fine with, as I return from my vacation on the 28th. Friggin cant wait!!!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The store allowed to ship to my business address and that is the confirmed address on my receipt as well. The store was recommending to have it shipped to home or where you choose so it would help on the traffic on launch day in store

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Yikes....just got of the phone with an ATT rep....what a horrible experience! Anyway, it seems that they are indeed going through the orders one by one ensuring no duplicates were made and also to ensure that they can deliver on orders they've taken. My friends I just hope that they can get through quickly enough to bring hope of a 24th delivery. Good luck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice