Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Default AT&T Online Order Ship Date

Saw this line in the confirmation e-mail I got from AT&T.

Pre-orders will be fulfilled beginning June 24, 2010.
    Is it me, or does that read like they are going to ship out the phones until the 24th?
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    920 Global Posts

IMHO it sounds like some clever English crafted to cover their butts when they don't have enough stock to meet demand on the 24th.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Nah....they tell you up front that orders will be filled on a first come, first serve basis and that the June 24th date does not guarantee you get one then in cases where demand exceeds supply.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    920 Global Posts

Hmmm....I didn't know that. I'm guessing you don't have an Apple store near you since you didn't pre-order through them.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

yeah it is first come first serve. but i would imagine they have enough phones to meet demand for the maybe the first 2 days of preorders. specially all these people trying to order at once. but we will see when they ship. only thing i know is when they do ship if your getting one on launch day they will ship out june 23rd.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lungho View Post
    Hmmm....I didn't know that. I'm guessing you don't have an Apple store near you since you didn't pre-order through them.
    Closest one is about 45 minutes away. I tried to order from Apple all day long. Really didn't want to order from AT&T, but got tired of fooling with the whole thing.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

This is what I got when I placed my order.

"Pre-orders for iPhone 4 and/or iPhone 3GS 8 GB will be shipped with overnight priority and will begin to arrive on June 24, 2010."

So from that I'm assuming my order will be shipped June 23rd and I will get it on the 24th.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AT&T Online Order Ship Date-iphone4att.gif  
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by denness544 View Post
    This is what I got when I placed my order.

"Pre-orders for iPhone 4 and/or iPhone 3GS 8 GB will be shipped with overnight priority and will begin to arrive on June 24, 2010."

So from that I'm assuming my order will be shipped June 23rd and I will get it on the 24th.
    Good stuff. I was kind of glossing over everything when I was placing the order trying to get through the whole thing before it timed out (again). Missed it the first time through.

Thanks for posting that. Come on 24th.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    767 Global Posts

I was told when inquiring on phone that they would be available via preorder the 25th in store.
    When I went in to order at 6 pm Central time, it was changed to shipped to my door by July 5th.

Wasn't pleased, I am a new customer porting a number so not sure what will happen when I plug it in, hopefully it is more than just an Itouch for a few days.