Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Default Anyone else in this scenario? (AT&T pre-order)

Pre-ordered from AT&T today, upgrading my existing line, at 6:15AM EST. Selected a 16GB Black iPhone 4, stuck with the same features to my plan, entered my CC number (NOT debit card), double-checked the number, all is well.

Submitted the order, received a "ORDER COMPLETE!" window with an order number.

Since then? No e-mail, no charge to my credit card. And, obviously, AT&T has been either of no help, or unreachable.

Now, I obviously want to refrain from trying to upgrade again and ending up with two phones and a big mess on my hands. Anyone else in this position? If so, has anyone been able to get a solid response from AT&T?

I thought I was in business when things went smoothly this morning!

Thanks
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Anyone? I have this sinking feeling that my order didn't process.
    iPhone Intermediate

Have you checked the status of your order thru AT&T yet?
    32gb iPhone 5
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

that is the first i have heard today. are you a premiere account member? cause when i ordered since i get a discount on my service from my employer everything i do upgrade wise is through the premiere site. i got an email and they have charged my card. i also have an ID or order number to check the status of my order. I'd wait a few more hours and then attempt to try and call them.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I am in the same situation as you... but I am a new customer... whats worse was I closed the order confirmation window without writing down the order number.. I thought they are going to send me one but its been 2 hrs now I havent see anything from ATT regarding a confirmation email or anything.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,461 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I just completed my order through AT&T about 20 minutes ago. No email confirmation, but I'm not sure they send one. We should be able to check our order status sometime tomorrow to confirm we will have our phones
    Twitter: @codemonkeycodes / website: www.codemonkeycodes.com & www.jeremyandbrooke.com
    Married 9/4/11
    iPhone 5 32GB : ~= 5/10/10 RIP Dad, Forever in our hearts =~
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Just a regular member -- not premier. I have the confirmation page printed out and all that info saved. When I try and track the order via the Order Number or Wireless Number, I get an error saying that that information is not in their database.

There is a statement on that page that says order status may not be available within the first 24 hours, but it sounds like other people are getting more progress than me. Yet, my order went through with no hitches, and before the crashes today.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

I finally got mine to go through Premier about 30 minutes ago. Confirmation e-mail hit my Inbox about 5 minutes later.

I would call 'em (if you can get through).
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ugahairydawgs View Post
    I finally got mine to go through Premier about 30 minutes ago. Confirmation e-mail hit my Inbox about 5 minutes later.

I would call 'em (if you can get through).
    that was me as well. except it was alot earlier this morning. when you got an email did it have an activation code in the email? cause i got one for some reason i thought all activation was done through itunes.?
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ty182 View Post
    Just a regular member -- not premier. I have the confirmation page printed out and all that info saved. When I try and track the order via the Order Number or Wireless Number, I get an error saying that that information is not in their database.

There is a statement on that page that says order status may not be available within the first 24 hours, but it sounds like other people are getting more progress than me. Yet, my order went through with no hitches, and before the crashes today.
    hey I just called ATT premier support and they first checked my order (they say it might not go through) and luckily it went through smoothly and she gave me the order confirmation #. She told me that they are overwhelmed by this iphone 4 launch all day. She said that there will be an order confirmation email send to me when the system is not that busy... I would recommend you call them to make sure your order went through.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wujifei View Post
    hey I just called ATT premier support and they first checked my order (they say it might not go through) and luckily it went through smoothly and she gave me the order confirmation #. She told me that they are overwhelmed by this iphone 4 launch all day. She said that there will be an order confirmation email send to me when the system is not that busy... I would recommend you call them to make sure your order went through.
    Thanks -- that's helpful. Hopefully I can actually make it through to a support person!

Sorry for making a new thread -- just didn't see anyone else mentioning this scenario. Kind of an odd one.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snakes2003g View Post
    when you got an email did it have an activation code in the email? cause i got one for some reason i thought all activation was done through itunes.?
    Yeah I got one too. Not sure why it was included. May just be a standard thing included in their e-mails.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

I also went through my AT&T Premiere website to upgrade my 3GS. I got a confirmation along with the activation link, so I think we're OK guys.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,461 Global Posts
    iOS Version

On hold with AT&T to find out why I haven't received my order confirmation email yet. They can't find my order...eep!
    Twitter: @codemonkeycodes / website: www.codemonkeycodes.com & www.jeremyandbrooke.com
    Married 9/4/11
    iPhone Intermediate

I was charged but no email was sent. Order did not through and did not know of charge until bank called. AT&T support was quick to take my call. She said it could take 24 hours to get order on her screen.

She said to call ecom 866-391-0749 tomorrow and they can tell you if it was processed. She also said that they are not answering today.
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

I spoke with ATT support. She couldn't locate my order, so it's starting to sound like the default response is that the orders are just taking long time to process. My interpretation is that they have no clue what is going to pop up on that screen by tomorrow.

The way they left it with me is that they're calling me by tomorrow AM if there are any issues with my order. We'll see how they handle this one.
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Update -- just checked my order status and it's processed, but the date stamp is 6/16, even though it was ordered on 6/15.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,461 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by ty182 View Post
    Update -- just checked my order status and it's processed, but the date stamp is 6/16, even though it was ordered on 6/15.
    Same with mine. I placed my order around noon on the 15th. I'm assuming that most of the orders aren't showing up in the system until today anyways due to the overload. I know the rep I spoke with yesterday DID say my order was in the system and being processed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone else in this scenario? (AT&T pre-order)-iphoneorder.png  
    Married 9/4/11
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by snakes2003g View Post
    that was me as well. except it was alot earlier this morning. when you got an email did it have an activation code in the email? cause i got one for some reason i thought all activation was done through itunes.?
    I was confused about that activation code too. I don't remember that being an option last year when I pre-ordered my 3GS through ATT.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts

I know at my friend's call center, they are doing about 2K+
    worth of contingencies for orders that were placed and
    didn't go through. I'm assuming that may be why they
    suspended them online.

Apple ftw

Current Phones: iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry OS & WebOS
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

I'm interested to see how their "first come first serve" policy is affected by orders being processed through the day after they were placed!

Either way, if I get it on the 24th, or not for a few days after, I just wanted confirmation that there was an order out there with my name on it!
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts

I was in the same boat as you ty182. No emails, errors checking order status, etc.
    Unfortunately AT&T sent me cancellation email this morning.
    Thanks AT&T for being so kind to cancel my order. Just what I wanted.

Update: Looks like my order was placed.
    The first two times I tried placing it through AT&T yesterday, instead of a confirmation page, I received an error page. But looking at the order number that went through, and the order numbers that were canceled, my 2nd attempt went through. In a much better mood now.
    Last edited by Ivoryplum; 06-16-2010 at 01:15 PM.
    iPhone Intermediate

Has anyone been charged for their pre-order yet or is that done when it's shipped? My order has been processed as of the 15th....thanks for any help~Chris
    32gb iPhone 5
    iMore Beginner

Your CC will not be charged until the iPhone ships.
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by kidwithhelmet View Post
    Your CC will not be charged until the iPhone ships.
    woooowhoooo thanks.....hey how do you knoe
    32gb iPhone 5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast