Got back from Radioshack..sketch...

mqguitar

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Ok I just got back from radioshack to preorder. Very sketchy...

They just down my info not even like which phone i wanted. Should i just ditch it and preorder online and pick up at a store since I am 5 mins away from one?

Because i Dont know if they charge me now or when i pick up the phone at apple.

Someone please let me know when they charge.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site

They just down my info not even like which phone i wanted. Should i just ditch it and preorder online and pick up at a store since I am 5 mins away from one?

if you choose to pick up at apple store you pay then...i chose to have it shipped to me and i paid this morning.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site

Good luck ordering online it took me 6 and a half hours starting out at 2 a.m. this morning....did they take your cc number while you were there?

mqguitar

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
thanks @brian

No they didnt. They said they will email me a confirmation at around one or so. thats when all radioshack stores are processing it..

Hellpop

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I went into my local Radio Shack today and the process was simple, but they could not tell me when they will have the iPhone4 in stock. They said they would call me when it came in, which will hopefully be on launch day, but they had no guarantee.
I'm going to see it through with the Shack due to their trade in policy. I can swap out my 3GS right then and there for $245, apply that to my new iPhone4, then walk out with a $20 credit. Not bad - I get an upgraded phone and 20 bucks. I may even trade in my old 12" Powerbook and switch up to the 32gig version before next week!

There is a saying in my business - "Cheap, Fast or Good - you get to pick two."

Basically, it seems that when you go with Radio Shack you get the cheap and the good, but the fast remains to be seen.

boss4life

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I was told when I attempted to order the phone through radio shack today that they are unable to order them. The sales rep informed me that the stores were told yesterday that they were unable to order the phone. The rep informed me that there policy of charging a 50.00 deposit in the form of a debit card was cancelled yesterday. He said as of now no radio shack in the S NJ area is getting a single phone. Not good

Hellpop

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I was told when I attempted to order the phone through radio shack today that they are unable to order them. The sales rep informed me that the stores were told yesterday that they were unable to order the phone. The rep informed me that there policy of charging a 50.00 deposit in the form of a debit card was cancelled yesterday. He said as of now no radio shack in the S NJ area is getting a single phone. Not good

I ordered in L.A. and they said nothing about a $50 deposit. Will post here if and when they update me. I'm willing to wait for the trade in, but as of now the process does seem dodgy. I would be very surprised if I get my phone anywhere near launch day.

ShermR25

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
boss i hope thats not true! I ordered mine at radio shack.. was there for at least 2 hours waiting for the order to go through the system to get my pin number as they said.. finally it went through and about a min later the system was down saying all sold out... god i hope i got mine!

ugahairydawgs

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I honestly had forgotten Radio Shack was still on business until they announced they would be selling these phones.

Thought for sure they would have gone the way of Circuit City by now.

Hellpop

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I honestly had forgotten Radio Shack was still on business until they announced they would be selling these phones.

Thought for sure they would have gone the way of Circuit City by now.

The whole trade in option puts them back in play for my money. Let's see how they do next week, but if it works out they could be the ideal place to upgrade.

ShermR25

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Im still hoping i get my radio shack iphone. woke up in a sweat about it! I just love the option of getting rid of my 3gs there and not having to worry about selling it on ebay or cl esp when the market will be flooded with these phones on the 24th!

Hellpop

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Im still hoping i get my radio shack iphone. woke up in a sweat about it! I just love the option of getting rid of my 3gs there and not having to worry about selling it on ebay or cl esp when the market will be flooded with these phones on the 24th!

Try Flipswap if you don't want to go the CL/Ebay route. Last I checked, they were offering around $270 for a working 3GS. They cut you a check after they receive the phone so there is about a 2-3 week lag.

This is the path I'm taking if the Shack ends up being a dud.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77