White iPhone 4 - No pre-order

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
or does anyone know when the pre-order will be available for the white iphone? Will Apple or AT&T tell us if the white will be availablel on launch day? I will be pissed as hell if I get up early to stand in line and it was never available.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I finally made up my mind & had decided on the white 16GB, but to my dismay, not available for pre-order. Wonder why Apple didn't fess up to this or give us fair warning? I'm sure not gonna get up to stand online on launch day unless I can pre-order.

I guess the leaked AT&T doc was right, and it looks like we'll be waiting 'til "later this summer". Phuck...

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I can honestly say that the iphone is truely for me and at this point I don't mind shelling out the extra money I pay over other carriers for the same plans, but I'm starting to get really pissed off. Why in the hell do I have to wait for a color that they have already introduced? Then I have to wait until later in the summer - Sprint is looking real nice right about now.:mad:

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
It does seem kind of disingenuous for Jobs to promote the white yet not have it available for pre-order. Sometimes I think Apple takes it's customer base for granted.

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
It does seem kind of disingenuous for Jobs to promote the white yet not have it available for pre-order. Sometimes I think Apple takes it's customer base for granted.

Exactly, I didn't think that a color would get me this upset. I just don't understand why even introduce it in white if you can order it or pre-order it. I feel my Apple loyalty is being taken for granted.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I can see introducing it, but at least be up-front & let the customer base know it won't be avail. until approx. "X" date. All of us that were looking forward to having a white iPhone 4 on 24 June were kinda duped. I'd be OK w/no immediate availability if they set the expectation in the beginning. That's one tenet of customer service Apple seems to have missed out on. :confused:

Thudstaff

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I was going for a white one as well. I've decided not to preorder and just wait until I can get a white one. I'm wondering how waiting though will affect the resale value of my 3GS.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm only annoyed at the number of people who want white, and are now ordering black because they feel they must order something. Half of them won't get the black they ordered, and the other half won't be happy if they do pick them up!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I was going for a white one as well. I've decided not to preorder and just wait until I can get a white one. I'm wondering how waiting though will affect the resale value of my 3GS.

Probably not as much as you think. You can probably still command $350 or more, depending on capacity and condition.

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
i don't mind the white not being available as i had settled on a black one before i went and ordered. it was a pain my butt trying to get through to pay for it though freakin site was rediculously swamped. i could not pre order through apple but i got through on att's site.

rotchcrocket04

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm wondering how waiting though will affect the resale value of my 3GS.

Probably not as much as you think. You can probably still command $350 or more, depending on capacity and condition.

Agreed. I just sold my 32GB 3GS for $400 in like-new condition (probably could have got a little more but the transaction was hassle-free as it was to my manager). I actually doubt you'll see any drop in value since the 4.0 jailbreak/unlock is going to come out within a month or so. Once that comes out, that gives people the ability to get a 3GS (which is great in its own) WITH all the benefits of 4.0 unlocked on another carrier. I'm sure you'll be good.

I was on the fence about getting a white or black one but this just made up my mind. Meh, I'm not that concerned as I like them both. However, I will agree it is slightly deceiving... I surely would have liked to know. :(

rotchcrocket04

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I just pre-ordered a WHITE iphone 4 16GB at Best Buy in Cincinnati, OH.
Did you now? Hmm... maybe I'll call Best Buy since the order for my damn Black one didn't go through yet on the site. I'm curious to the validity of this - solely because Best Buy has made some "amateur-ish" mistakes in the past with pre-orders. No offense to you, I believe you... I just don't trust Best Buy. Lol

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I'm curious to the validity of this - solely because Best Buy has made some "amateur-ish" mistakes in the past with pre-orders. No offense to you, I believe you... I just don't trust Best Buy. Lol[/QUOTE]

No offense taken. I totally understand the comment. I would post my receipt on here showing it but I'm a little nervous of showing my credit card and personal info.

rotchcrocket04

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Lol - no no, I wouldn't ask that of you. Like I said, I believe you... I'm just surprised Apple is letting Best Buy do it but they aren't doing it themselves?! Well anyway, I'm going on lunch in a half hour and going to swing by my Best Buy (Reading, PA) to see what they have to say. Regardless, thank you for the heads-up!

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm only annoyed at the number of people who want white, and are now ordering black because they feel they must order something. Half of them won't get the black they ordered, and the other half won't be happy if they do pick them up!

I can understand that with new customers..but I don;t have much of a choice, I wanted white, but can live with the black (it is sexy), but I sold my 3GS on Sunday, I do have to have something.

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I feel so robbed. I've waited to pre-order and stayed up all night. Can you imagine how one would feel if they go to stand in line at 0400 on June 24th only to find out at 0700 that they are not selling the White iPhone yet. :mad:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2