Random question about pickup

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
This is probably a really dumb question, but I just wanted to know on average, if anyone picked up their iPhone at the Apple store, what the wait was like (if you pre-ordered)? I know it varies from place to place, but I just wanted to check the average.

I am going to be in Charleston, SC for launch day, and I was just going to reserve my phone at the Apple store there. I just wasn't sure, because I don't want to spend most of the morning waiting in line to pick up my reserved iPhone. I can also choose to ship it to my friend's house (where I'm staying) but then I might be gone when it's delivered and not get back to get it until that night! So you can see my dilemma - anyone have any suggestions? If the wait in the pre-order line isn't too bad, then that's what I'll do. But if it ends up being one of those looooooong lines where everyone is there for hours, then I'm just going to ship it.

Thanks for any advice! In case you can't tell, I'm a little too excited!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
It shouldn't be a long line like the 2G launch was. Pre-orders have cut that down tremendously. People who have pre-ordered tend to skip the line and wait in their own little line and it's not nearly as long.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm in a similar situation and have already verified that you can't have it shipped to your friend's house. It can only go to your primary/billing residence to avoid fraud. I'll just be going to the local Apple store for mine (since where I'm going has two).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73