Best time to get the 3gS

SweetStar067

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I've been a Blackberry user :( for a few years now and am finally making the switch (final straw was being on the phone with my deployed husband when my phone decided to shut off for no reason. Apparently the "hardware" is bad)

But since I'm not able to upgrade until September, I figured I would try to hunt down a used 3gS.

Do you think it would be best to wait until close to the 24th to find one? Or is it about as good as its going to get now?

I guess I'm just trying to avoid getting screwed over:) lol!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
patient you should be says yoda

If you can wait until a few weeks after the release date of iPhone 4 there will be a flood of 3Gs up for sale that means more supply eqauls??? less demand so you'll be able to bargain because you'll have so many options. Just don't be a cheapo and try to rip people off pay what you think is fair so it's fair for both ends. Also if you get it used make sure if it's in a case you take it out and check the case, ask me how I know:( Also don't just grab it and run, turn it on and check everything make sure it functions like it should.

On a side note thank you and your husband for the great service he does for us all :)

SweetStar067

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply:) And I also appreciate the thanks!
I was thinking waiting would be better, I'm just getting antsy haha. Yeah, I've learned the hard way about the "just grab it and run". This stupid Curve has so many issues...too bad I was just so pumped to get it because it was barbie pink. Bad move:(

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
No prob

LOL yeah well my 3G which I bought used had a case and everything worked so I thought I was getting a hell of a deal. I get it back to work and pop the case off only to discover the actual phone case looks like it was used as a skateboard it had scratches, cracks and chunks missing. The phone works fine though Thank god but being OCD the case bugs the hell out of me. Anyway yeah I would say waiting is gonna be your best bet, but there are a few people on here who have already posted that they will be selling their phone so you might check which state they are in and at least you'll know there's a slightly better chance the phone will be in good shape.

SweetStar067

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
What would be a good price for one? I've seen everything from 100-600 lately and I'm getting overwhelmed. Part of me knows if I don't wait I'm going to pay slightly more, but I'm not so sure about not knowing how much it'll go down even if I do wait.

I may have found one close for like $250 in pretty good condition, would that be ok?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
September may be your best bet. i would just try to get by until then and here is my reason why. if you do any researching here and other places there are several reasons why the iPhone may jus simply may not be the device for YOU.

countless threads/posts of people complaining of battery life, signal issues, can't type on the device, the list goes on and on

i say wait so you will have some recourse if the iPhone indeed is not the right device for you and not to mention the warranty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2