Pre-order the iPhone 4 from Apple OR AT&T=Realese Date Delivery

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I just got off the phone with one of AT&T Reps, and had asked if I preordered the iPhone 4 through them, if it'd be delivered on the release day like Apple is doing.
He said the way it works is they send their pre-orders to Apple, and Apple sends those to the factory. Insuring that regardless who you order from, it'll arrive on the release date (if pre-ordered soon enough).

I've been on AT&T for 10 years now, and my plan is 7 years old.
Apple's site gives me an "Account Has Problems" error when I try to check my eligibilty, and says "Missing or invalid price plan info". The rep said this is probably because my plan isn't available anymore.

Anyways...just figured I'd make it clear that if you pre-order from AT&T, the orders are shipped directly from the factory in China, the same way Apple pre-orders will be shipped. They don't get shipped to an AT&T warehouse first.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
P.S. I was planning on pre-ordering from Apple, but since I can't due to the error stated above, figured I'd let everyone know if they have a similar error, that they can just pre-order from AT&T.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
You will be able to preorder from Apple store on the 15th and they deliver it on release date if you choose expedited shipping.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Is there a way to pre-order online through apple and have it sent to my local apple store instead of my home address?

From what I heard, and what the rep told me, no pre-orders can be picked up in the AT&T store this year. All will be delivered. Not sure if that applies to Apple, but I'm assuming it's the same.

Anyone else know?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
If that is the case, I'll be pissed off. It worked so well for me last year. I skipped a lot of people that day. Walked in, no problem.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
From what I heard, and what the rep told me, no pre-orders can be picked up in the AT&T store this year. All will be delivered. Not sure if that applies to Apple, but I'm assuming it's the same.

Anyone else know?

I agree with duvi. I REALLY don't want to have to interface with AT&T at all. I didn't when I got my 3GS and it was an amazing experience. I was in and out in ten minutes.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
If that is the case, I'll be pissed off. It worked so well for me last year. I skipped a lot of people that day. Walked in, no problem.

I have an Apple store less than 5 mins from me so I was debating ordering online for delivery or doing a preorder pickup (if they offer it). Guess I'll find out Tuesday and make a decision.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I can't imagine that Apple won't have the option to reserve the iPhone for pick-up. They love the hype of lines forming.

AT&T on the other hand... I wouldn't be surprised if reservations weren't allowed. AT&T stores don't get nearly as many units as Apple stores.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I am going to order mine through apple and have it delivered to the house, it will be 100+ degrees here in arizona that day, no way am I standing in a line.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
And then after you pre-order, you realize you have another week and a half until you get it. THATS going to be the hardest part. haha.

lol I know thats the worst part IMO. You KNOW you purchased it and then have to wait another 9 days to have the device in hand.

I'm going to have to go to an AT&T store I believe because my wifes # is the one listed as upgrade ready and I'm applying the upgrade to MY # to I need AT&T to add the IMEI # to my #. Not sure if an Apple store can do that or not...???

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
I just bought a 3GS from my Apple store on 5/20 for $199+tax. I wonder if I can exchange it for an iPhone 4, similar to what AT&T is offering (Price Match Guarantee)? Minus the difference? Although, I bought it at the same rate that iPhone 4 will cost. Hmm...

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I just got off the phone with one of AT&T Reps, and had asked if I preordered the iPhone 4 through them, if it'd be delivered on the release day like Apple is doing.
He said the way it works is they send their pre-orders to Apple, and Apple sends those to the factory. Insuring that regardless who you order from, it'll arrive on the release date (if pre-ordered soon enough).

I've been on AT&T for 10 years now, and my plan is 7 years old.
Apple's site gives me an "Account Has Problems" error when I try to check my eligibilty, and says "Missing or invalid price plan info". The rep said this is probably because my plan isn't available anymore.

Anyways...just figured I'd make it clear that if you pre-order from AT&T, the orders are shipped directly from the factory in China, the same way Apple pre-orders will be shipped. They don't get shipped to an AT&T warehouse first.

I had the same problem last year when I pre-ordered my 3GS. I had problems on Apple's site, so I ordered from AT&T. I had no problems getting it on release day.

bconley007

May 9, 2010
Visit site
is the 15th the only day you can preorder?...i wont be able to preorder until the 18th?...will i still be able to preorder on the 18th and received it by the 24th in an apple store?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice