Power adapter on new iPhone 4?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I haven't heard this yet, but will the iPhone 4 have the same power slot as the 3G and 3GS? So would a current car charger work with it?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Sweet, sweet and sweet. I would hate to have to buy a new car charger, but small price to pay for a new iPhone, ya know? :)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i wish they would change the material that is used for the charging cords. very poor design and could be a little longer

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
i wish they would change the material that is used for the charging cords. very poor design and could be a little longer

My only problem is that the coating on the cord eventually separates from the USB dock connector end. It's really annoying and eventually causes the cord to break.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
You can get the cords on eBay for practically negative money. They're dirt cheap. I bought 2 new ones for around 3 whole US dollars. Including shipping.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
My only problem is that the coating on the cord eventually separates from the USB dock connector end. It's really annoying and eventually causes the cord to break.

EXACTLY! it happens all the time no matter how careful you are. irritating as hell

i wonder if that was done on purpose.... hmmmmm....

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
yeah my 3GS charge cord is falling apart. so before i sell it i am going to have to buy a new cord cause i think it is going to break in a few months anyways if i did not decide to upgrade to iphone 4. is it tuesday yet? i wanna go pay for my phone then start the ultra long week ahead of waiting untul i get it :(

WcHorse

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
My cord has done the seperating thing a few times and exposed the wires. I have changed it out atleast twice at the apple store with no issues!

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
The worst part is, Apple doesn't take blame for the cords splitting (at least what I've heard from people).
They say that "you" must have abused them.

Both of my wires are splitting/pulling apart at the end.
I've had scotch tape around one of them for a year now.
And it has definitely not been abused. I plug my iPhone into it every night, and place it underneath a pillow (not the one I lay on). Hopefully they design them a bit better this year, but my guess is they'll be the same thing. Oh wells. At least the phone doesn't fall apart like that. :)

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah we had one seperate like that and brought it to an Apple store to try and get a new one. They told me we must have been pulling ti to unplug it. I told them thats stupid and I am always careful with it and they told me they will sell me a new one if I want. I basically told them to go pound sand and bought 3 new ones on Amazon for $3 + $3 shipping.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah we had one seperate like that and brought it to an Apple store to try and get a new one. They told me we must have been pulling ti to unplug it. I told them thats stupid and I am always careful with it and they told me they will sell me a new one if I want. I basically told them to go pound sand and bought 3 new ones on Amazon for $3 + $3 shipping.

That's ridiculous. They've replaced my headphones for me for free even when they saw that my iPhone was jailbroken, haha... And the headphones cost $10 more than the USB cable!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I have had to buy 4 cables since getting my 3G and 3GS, and I do not abuse mine at all!!! My headphones also did the same, but I am a lot rougher on them. LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR