iPhone 4/ screen protector.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
When the 24th does come I'll have my white 16GB iPhone 4 and I will be applying a screen protector on it. I was thinking about its stuning retina display and wondered if I'll still see that quality with a clear screen protector on it. Yeah the new iPhone is scratch resistant, but I rather have the screen protector take all the hits and greasy fingers then the actually then the glass.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
When the 24th does come I'll have my white 16GB iPhone 4 and I will be applying a screen protector on it. I was thinking about its stuning retina display and wondered if I'll still see that quality with a clear screen protector on it. Yeah the new iPhone is scratch resistant, but I rather have the screen protector take all the hits and greasy fingers then the actually then the glass.

Depends on which one you buy, I suppose.
I've used many PowerSupport screen protectors.
I like the anti-glare screen ones they sell and how I never have to clean off fingerprints. Plus it allows you to move your fingers more smoothly, but it does degrade the quality of the screen. You can see all of the anti-glare "dots".
If you purchase a clear one, I'm assuming you won't notice much/any degradation.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
yeah. no I hate anti glare screens. You lose quality in your pictures and what not and the display looks as though the brighteness is low. Clear is the way to go but do you think I will lose rentina display with a clear screen protector?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
yeah. no I hate anti glare screens. You lose quality in your pictures and what not and the display looks as though the brighteness is low. Clear is the way to go but do you think I will lose rentina display with a clear screen protector?

No, you're not going to "lose" the display. I doubt the screen protector will fuzzy up the screen much, if at all.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm not going to use one on this phone. I have had one on my 3G and never need it. I am always careful with my devices so I'm not too worried about it. I don't have one on my iPad and I love the way it looks and feels so I'll go nude unless I see a reason to cover it.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm not going to use one on this phone. I have had one on my 3G and never need it. I am always careful with my devices so I'm not too worried about it. I don't have one on my iPad and I love the way it looks and feels so I'll go nude unless I see a reason to cover it.

I covered my iPad with a screen protector and its in a case. and oh there are scratches on your iPhone 3G screen, shine it in the light. as for me I will protect my the iPhone 4 when I get it. I did the same with my iPhone 3G, and 3GS. I rather have the screen protector take the beating or playing games and smudges and just being used then the actual screen.

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I've always used screen protection on all of my devices. I'm thinking about going naked screen and back on the iPhone 4.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
and oh there are scratches on your iPhone 3G screen, shine it in the light..

Actually I think he said that there isn't. And I'm pretty sure he would know.

I've had my 3GS for a year, just held it up to the light and not a single scratch, not even a single tiny chip is present in the display. The glass on the iPhone has been veeeeeery scratch resistant since day one. You can take an Xacto knife to it and be completely secure in the fact that you're not going to scratch it. The iPhone 4's glass is apparently even stronger, and is being compared to gorilla glass.

Honestly I'd be more worried about the sides than about the front and back. The chrome rim has always been the most scratch-prone part of the phone, yet nobody bothers to protect it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Ocd

I'll be putting a protector on mine for sure. I'm OCD and even with the screen protector I wipe off the grease and finger smudges all day long. I'm not bothered by it as much though because I know it's not on the actual glass. Then once or twice a year I change the protector I marvel at the naked screen for a couple of hours before protecting it again.

crovax85

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'll be getting a screen protector for my iPhone 4 as well. But the problem is finding one on Launch day. I think only apple will have their 'Bumper' cases on sale for the time being.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I'll be getting a screen protector for my iPhone 4 as well. But the problem is finding one on Launch day. I think only apple will have their 'Bumper' cases on sale for the time being.

Case-mate is selling iPhone 4 cases and so is ideal-cases. I already bought mine.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I had a screen protector on my first iPhone and iphone 3G , but skipped last year when I got my 3GS and glad I did,
I probably will skip this year also,,,, the scratch resistant screen is awesome ! :)

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Again I don't believe you when you say there are no scratches on your iPhone screen. iPhone after iPhone I have gotten through advanced replacement eventually I'd gain a scratch. For the 3GS, Yes it has the antigrease screen. When you get smudges on it you simply wipe it with your shirt or what not. I tested this out and what do you know I scratched my screen. I will say I have OCD on protecting my apple iPhone/iPod/iPad, but keeping it in good condition raises the value when I want to sell them later on.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
once I clean of the smudges and finger prints, it looks as it did the 1st day I bought it,, not a single tiny scratch. and I have had it for almost a year now.

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Actually I think he said that there isn't. And I'm pretty sure he would know.

I've had my 3GS for a year, just held it up to the light and not a single scratch, not even a single tiny chip is present in the display. The glass on the iPhone has been veeeeeery scratch resistant since day one. You can take an Xacto knife to it and be completely secure in the fact that you're not going to scratch it. The iPhone 4's glass is apparently even stronger, and is being compared to gorilla glass.

Honestly I'd be more worried about the sides than about the front and back. The chrome rim has always been the most scratch-prone part of the phone, yet nobody bothers to protect it.

I agree with you 100%. and I just held mine to the light and NO scratches. Maybe we got the good ones ;)

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Again I don't believe you when you say there are no scratches on your iPhone screen. iPhone after iPhone I have gotten through advanced replacement eventually I'd gain a scratch. For the 3GS, Yes it has the antigrease screen. When you get smudges on it you simply wipe it with your shirt or what not. I tested this out and what do you know I scratched my screen. I will say I have OCD on protecting my apple iPhone/iPod/iPad, but keeping it in good condition raises the value when I want to sell them later on.

Sometimes screen protectors can actually cause scratches. If you get dust behind the screen protector when applying it, the screen constantly gets rubbed against it to some degree, and eventually it digs into the screen and causes a tiny dent or scratch.

And, if you don't believe me, that's fine. I don't have any reason to lie about this and I've got pretty good vision.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77