Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMario's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts

    Default The first WIFI coffee maker controlled with an iPhone app!

    Hello, I'm the designer of a funny app called Make Coffee, that transforms the iPhone into a virtual coffee maker!

    Things are getting serious and our "hobby" is turning into a serious project.

    Look at this 3D renders of our concept of the first WIFI coffee maker controlled with an iPhone app!







    This is just a concept of course but if you want to try our "non serious" app here's the links for the lite and full version:

    Make Coffee Lite:


    Make Coffee:
    itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/make-...368437989?mt=8

    I'll keep you updated!
    Last edited by iMario; 06-09-2010 at 05:39 PM.
  2. #2  
    Jellotime91's Avatar
    iPhone Elite

    Posts
    2,484 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

    Default

    :O..

    That's freaking awesome.
    I don't drink coffee but that is totally wicked.
     iPhone 4 32GB
     MacBook Air 13.3" (May 2011)
     iPad 2 16GB
  3. #3  
    iquinn's Avatar
    iPhone Pro

    Posts
    532 Posts

    Default

    Cool concept, if you ever need a tester let me know. LOL
    @SinCityMac on twitter
    Hardware: iPhone 4S 16gig black
    Macbook Pro
    iPad Mini 16gig wi-fi
  4. #4  
    rgar3388's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    225 Posts
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.0.2

    Default

    i would buy it immediately upon release!
  5. #5  
    Smlk's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    306 Posts

    Default

    Oh man! I could have my coffee waiting as soon as I get downstairs. How cool!
    Twitter @redbirdsm
  6. #6  
    Mustang5Oh's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    891 Posts

    Default

    Thats pretty sweet.

     iPhone 5S - 64GB Space Grey
     iPad Mini - 32GB Black
     Apple TV 2nd Gen
     MacBook Pro - 250GB Aluminum Unibody
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMario's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts

    Default

    You guys are really great! Thanks a lot for your compliments
  8. #8  
    john_v's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    257 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,268 Global Posts

    Default

    I would use this except for one thing...I'm a coffee snob (yes, I admit it) and like to grind my beans right before I brew. One of these days (after I get an iPad) I'll invest in one of those coffee makers that has the grinder on a timer, and does everything.
    ----------------------------------------
    This space available for rent
    ----------------------------------------
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iMario's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Runswithscissors View Post
    I would use this except for one thing...I'm a coffee snob (yes, I admit it) and like to grind my beans right before I brew. One of these days (after I get an iPad) I'll invest in one of those coffee makers that has the grinder on a timer, and does everything.
    Well actually I'm snobber than you are I think, because in my project, inside the machine there are three main parts. A water tank, a coffee beans storage and a grinder. Every single coffee is made with fresh coffee, ground on demand!!!
  10. #10  
    Jellotime91's Avatar
    iPhone Elite

    Posts
    2,484 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

    Default

    Hey did you by any chance submit this to Engadget or Gizmodo? You could get some attention that way.

    Best of luck, this idea is awesome.
     iPhone 4 32GB
     MacBook Air 13.3" (May 2011)
     iPad 2 16GB
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iMario's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jellotime91 View Post
    Hey did you by any chance submit this to Engadget or Gizmodo? You could get some attention that way.

    Best of luck, this idea is awesome.
    Yes I did Jello, but had no answer from them. I had however tons of websites that published these pictures, tech, design and coffee blogs

    Try and google for - "make Coffee" iphone - and you'll find an ocean of sites talking about all what is going around my app

    Thank you for your advice anyway, I really appreciate
  12. #12  
    john_v's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    257 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,268 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iMario View Post
    Well actually I'm snobber than you are I think, because in my project, inside the machine there are three main parts. A water tank, a coffee beans storage and a grinder. Every single coffee is made with fresh coffee, ground on demand!!!
    well there you go! If I was a millionaire, I'd be funding your project!
    ----------------------------------------
    This space available for rent
    ----------------------------------------
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    iMario's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Runswithscissors View Post
    well there you go! If I was a millionaire, I'd be funding your project!
    Can't wait for a millionaire to knock at my door man!
  14. #14  
    BuddhistGirafe's Avatar
    iPhone Pro

    Posts
    705 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default

    Cool, but still spam.
    Giraffes are people too.
    Tip the scales... you know you want to.
    15" Retina MBP 2.6GHz / 512GB
    Game Center ID: Brenden
  15. #15  
    cmikhow#AC's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

    Default

    Love the app but as far as some constructive critiscism goes, I am personally an avid coffee drinker but this whole system seems as if it would be rather expensive to manufacture it's much cheaper to just get a coffee maker with an alarm clock.

    I personally have one that is set every morning for just when I wake up for work, so this coffee maker would have to have some other functions other than using your iphone to activate it, otherwise demand for such a device might not be that high.
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  
    iMario's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    42 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cmikhow View Post
    Love the app but as far as some constructive critiscism goes, I am personally an avid coffee drinker but this whole system seems as if it would be rather expensive to manufacture it's much cheaper to just get a coffee maker with an alarm clock.

    I personally have one that is set every morning for just when I wake up for work, so this coffee maker would have to have some other functions other than using your iphone to activate it, otherwise demand for such a device might not be that high.
    I understand what you mean... but you what my father tells when I show him my mobileme on line address book?

    "I still have my block notes with all my contacts and addresses written by hand, I don't need that"

  17. #17  
    Bryville's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    36 Posts

    Default

    Maybe if it had more options and randomly throughout the day you could make any one of the ten options that would be cool. If you're feeling this or that, ya know. For that to happen you would have to have multipule dispensers built with-in and obviously a bit bigger.
  18. #18  
    understando's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts

    Default

    Cool concept if brought to reality. My suggestion would be to have it be able to be controlled via 3g and not just wifi networks... I mean, how awesome would it be sitting in traffic on the way home from work and tell your coffee maker to make a fresh pot of coffee for you sitting waiting for you when you get home!
  19. #19  
    donkeyboy619's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    12 Posts

    Default

    I would start drinking coffee again if that was real!
  20. #20  
    belladonna75's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    49 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default

    I would use this if it was real! great job and great concept too!
  21. #21  
    Leanna Lofte's Avatar
    App and photo editor

    Posts
    1,464 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,466 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

    Default

    omg. Someone needs to make this product happen. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
  22. #22  
    pendragyn's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    121 Posts
    iOS Version
    5

    Default

    I'm in for one. Wifi is good enough for me. Since this appears to make it by the cup, I wouldn't want to make it too far in advance.
    Last edited by pendragyn; 06-24-2010 at 11:41 AM.
  23. #23  
    john_v's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    257 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,268 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by understando View Post
    Cool concept if brought to reality. My suggestion would be to have it be able to be controlled via 3g and not just wifi networks... I mean, how awesome would it be sitting in traffic on the way home from work and tell your coffee maker to make a fresh pot of coffee for you sitting waiting for you when you get home!
    Now that would be awesome!! The only thing for me is I would have to remember to empty the pot in the morning before I left!!!
    And even better, an app built into the coffee maker that detects when you are getting low on coffee and either adds it to your shopping list app or automatically orders it online for you...that would be cool!
    ----------------------------------------
    This space available for rent
    ----------------------------------------

Posting Permissions