AT&T Outage today (June 9)?

avanden

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the Tampa Bay area and all of a sudden just a little while ago, the "3G" disappeared off the screen of my 3GS. I have 5 bars (in my office, which is waaay in the back), so I have a good signal. The "E" for Edge network came on briefly, then that too disappeared. I can still text, but can't get on Twitter or Facebook or use any apps that use the internet.

Is there an outage going on right now? I had the "3G" and could get on everything earlier this morning. I looked on AT&T's site but of course didn't see anything. Anyone know?

Ok the "E" just popped back up again... and disappeared just as fast. What's going on? Ack! :confused:

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like it could be a localized issue. Only 1 person sent an email to the bb-outage list about Tampa Florida. I spoke to my mother in-law in Cape Coral this morning and she's on AT&T with no problems.

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Posted on Gizmodo too.

Gizmodo Post

Some AT&T 3G wireless customers in the panhandle, Jacksonville and Gainesville are unable to use data on their devices, but still have voice capabilities. Our techs are working to fix the problem and get to the root cause.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Some info

text messages, voicemail, voice calls will work without 3G. 3G is for the data so without it you can't browse the web, email, twitter or used any web based apps. The bars to the left most are for your cell signal they aren't for the 3G strength as far as I know. Then there will be a 3G that is for your 3G connection, the E is for Edge which is the slower connection. If your phone can't find a 3G connection it will downgrade to any Edge connections it finds.

avanden

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Well, looks like it's back now. Guess it was an outage as suspected. Tampa Bay is a long ways from the Panhandle/Gainesville/Jacksonville though. Oh well. Previous outages never affected me in the almost year I've had my 3GS (upgraded from Blackberry... and even BB's outages never affected me in the 2 years I had it. Go fig).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2