Screen Shields on iPhone 4

iphoneedmonton

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
A ziploc baggie, some elastics, and your good to go. Just saved a few bucks too. Use a clean bag.

You shouldn't joke about it - I was in an Apple store a couple months back and someone was using saran wrap on his iPhone. He was in there buying a proper case, but had been using saran wrap for about a week. The Apple employee was trying very hard to keep a straight face.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Nope. The phone is longer now. It's definitely not going to fit.

The iPhone 4 is not longer.
It's shorter in every direction.

iPhone 4 Specs
Height: 4.5 inches (115.2 mm)
Width: 2.31 inches (58.6 mm)
Depth: 0.37 inch (9.3 mm)
Weight: 4.8 ounces (137 grams)

iPhone 3Gs Specs
Height: 4.5 inches (115.5 mm)
Width: 2.4 inches (62.1 mm)
Depth: 0.48 inch (12.3 mm)
Weight: 4.8 ounces (135 grams)

It still wouldn't fit right though, since the top glass has a different shape.
Comparing the pictures, it looks like they shrunk the ear piece to make room for the front-facing camera, which you'd have to cut a hole for. Just not worth it really...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The leaked prototype was "hidden" in a 3G/GS case. I suspect there are many old cases that will work for the 4, and we might actually be able to use our favorite cases after applying a body shield - which will be nice!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone 4 is not longer.
It's shorter in every direction.

iPhone 4 Specs
Height: 4.5 inches (115.2 mm)
Width: 2.31 inches (58.6 mm)
Depth: 0.37 inch (9.3 mm)
Weight: 4.8 ounces (137 grams)

iPhone 3Gs Specs
Height: 4.5 inches (115.5 mm)
Width: 2.4 inches (62.1 mm)
Depth: 0.48 inch (12.3 mm)
Weight: 4.8 ounces (135 grams)

It still wouldn't fit right though, since the top glass has a different shape.
Comparing the pictures, it looks like they shrunk the ear piece to make room for the front-facing camera, which you'd have to cut a hole for. Just not worth it really...

Wow, then the home button is definitely smaller.
There's a significant difference of the space between the screen and home button on the iPhone 4 vs 3GS.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
You shouldn't joke about it - I was in an Apple store a couple months back and someone was using saran wrap on his iPhone. He was in there buying a proper case, but had been using saran wrap for about a week. The Apple employee was trying very hard to keep a straight face.

Wow, I would have liked to see that.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I ordered 2 already, one for my and one for my gf. I'll have my phone on release day, but she has to wait till July 16th.

I just ordered my Intellishield, plus some little bs silicone cases from ebay coming from Hong Kong. I'm more excited about the Intellishield.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I just ordered my Intellishield, plus some little bs silicone cases from ebay coming from Hong Kong. I'm more excited about the Intellishield.

I'm hoping that Incase will have cases out right around release date for the iPhone 4. I love my Incase Slider and would REALLY like a new version that will fit my new iPhone :)

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping that Incase will have cases out right around release date for the iPhone 4. I love my Incase Slider and would REALLY like a new version that will fit my new iPhone :)

I heart Incase sliders too. I had one on my ipod touch and one for my iphone 3G. Those case are nice, I know I'll be ordering one for my new iphone too. I'm a case whore, I change cases damn near everyday.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

The slider case is a beast. I've only dropped my iPhone once (thank god) and it hit the top left of the phone first and then landed on it's face. Neither the slider case nor the iPhone had any sign of damage. Because of the slider case and a belkin screen protecter my iPhone looks like I just took it out of the box. I can't wait to see what incase has in store for this iPhone!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2