Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Exclamation How are you getting your Iphone4?!?

are some of you eligible for an early upgrade?? i am but i don't like the new data plan set up. i don't like how at&t is doing this. its f***ing wack. i feel sorry for the ones that are going to sign up as a new customers. because of this i feel that i'm not going to get the iphone4... but i might change my mind on that lol. just wanted to know what everyone's going to do when the phone comes out and how they are going to get it.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'll be pre-ordering and getting it sent to my house, then I will go to the apple store and gloat and look at the white version wondering if made the right decision going black like I always have. I'm keeping my unlimited plan.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

rgar are you doing an early upgrade or buying it outright? i was thinking of canceling my plan then reopening it but the new data plan blows hardcore. wish it wasn't like that
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Well on my line I don't have an upgrade until february so I'm using another line's upgrade. I sold my 3GS so I'm making some money on it. Once I get the phone I'll just activate it with my line in iTunes so that I can keep my unlimited data plan. If you don't have an upgrade I recommend selling your iPhone so that you either break even or at least cut your cost so that it's equivalent to an upgrade.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,112 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4/6.1

How many of these same kind of threads are gonna get made...

http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-forum/1...ting-line.html
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    1,484 Global Posts

How am I getting iPhone 4 you ask? I'm going to walk in my apple store on July first or second and buying one not sure if I want black or white.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Well I wasn't really asking that. I was talking about the data plan. If you don't like what you see don't post. Simple as that. I'm going to sell my 3gs for about 300. Wanted to see the data plan options to switch. I'm getting the 32gb white.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,818 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Default No data plan for me

I'm in Canada so it's a little different here. It's a long story but ever since my 1st gen iPhone I've never had a data plan so I always buy my phones outright. I was well on my way to my goal but family matters demanded my cash so I'm starting to save again. I will be buying it outright then JB and turn off the data.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    iPhone Intermediate

if you get the new iPhone 4 you dont have to change your plan. http://www.tipb.com/2010/06/02/att-a...ort-tethering/

Even though I work just 1 block away from the Apple store in NYC, I think I'm going to pre-order and let it come to my house.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

i will be pre ordering it tuesday morning. i have not yet decided if i want the white one or the black one. i have a white 3gs now but i am keeping my 16gb space cause i have yet to fill my current 3gs. i will be selling my 3GS to someone at my work for like 150 which then makes my iphone 4 only about 250 cause i have to pay 399 for my upgrade right now..
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

$699.99, I do not qualify for upgrade/early upgrade pricing.

And for those wondering, I'm getting it in black.
    iPhone Nanite

Pre order for pickup in the store unless the Wife allows me to stand in line!
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nfrederick View Post
    $699.99, I do not qualify for upgrade/early upgrade pricing.

And for those wondering, I'm getting it in black.
    Go talk to the folks at AT&T. It is generally not too hard to talk someone into making you eligible for an early upgrade. Not the full discount price, but $499 is a lot better than $699.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,478 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

I am actually now considering Radio Shack since they allow trade ins. However I will put my current 16g black 3GS on craigslist to see what kind of money I can make first compared to the trade in.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ugahairydawgs View Post
    Go talk to the folks at AT&T. It is generally not too hard to talk someone into making you eligible for an early upgrade. Not the full discount price, but $499 is a lot better than $699.
    I just got my line in Feb. Highly doubtful they will let me upgrade. But I guess it wont hurt to ask.
    iPhone Intermediate

I can't wait to pre-order! I think I'll pick it up at the store so I can check out accessories while I'm there!
    Twitter @redbirdsm
    iPhone Nanite

I might order online thru AT&T, but will see.

I will preorder it for delivery unless they have a preorder pickup option like they did last year. I'm less than a 5 min drive from the Apple store so I'll wait in a preorder line to get it in the AM.
    [ JUSTIN ]
    [ FOLLOW JUST ME ON TWITTER FOR RANDOM AND TECH RELATED STUFF ] [ @justin_horn ]
    [ FOLLOW MY BLOG WHEN WILL APPLE ON TWITTER ] [ @whenwillapple ]
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

you can also go into your local att store and pre order it that way too and they told me today if i do it that way i will get it on launch day. i'll be there on tuesday morning bright and early at 10AM paying mine off and then impatiently waiting through the next week and a half to get my new toy.
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Im selling my 3gs for 300 on craigslist. Ppl asking for any more are crazy unless it's a 32gb. I'm not sure if I want to do an early upgrade. I don't like AT&T 's new service plans. Might just use the money I get and buy the phone outright. Imma get white possibly wait in line. I can't wait lol
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLu View Post
    Im selling my 3gs for 300 on craigslist. Ppl asking for any more are crazy unless it's a 32gb. I'm not sure if I want to do an early upgrade. I don't like AT&T 's new service plans. Might just use the money I get and buy the phone outright. Imma get white possibly wait in line. I can't wait lol
    You can still early upgrade and keep your unlimited plan...Is that what you're talking about?
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

can someone tell me how much the iphone will cost without a plan, just by walking into a store and just purchasing it?
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

When pre-ordering from Apple (on 06/15), what is the price you pay? Do you pay the upgrade price (after being vouched by the system)? What if you then never activate it?
    iMore Pro

$599 for 16GB
    $699 for 32GB
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CVCONDE View Post
    When pre-ordering from Apple (on 06/15), what is the price you pay? Do you pay the upgrade price (after being vouched by the system)? What if you then never activate it?
    Its all calculated right there and you pay everything BUT the upgrade FEE ($18) which you will see on your cellphone.
    And it doesnt matter if you activate it or not, youre under a contract for two years from that date so you will have to pay AT&T anyway.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast