Front facing video camera

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
This will definitely be possible but it remains to be seen what the limitations are. Since FaceTime is free, I can't imagine Apple really cares what developers do with it, but you never know.

FaceTime is also an open standard however, so other phones will be able to implement FaceTime and work with iPhone 4.

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I don't think anyone knows if it is compatible with iChat yet. Hopefully and update will be released though because that would be really good. After all, both are wifi only anyways.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
What I think is cool is that Apple made Face Time an open standard, kinda funny when people always like to say that Apple is a closed model.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
What I think is cool is that Apple made Face Time an open standard, kinda funny when people always like to say that Apple is a closed model.

Yeah, but it's all for better iPhone user experience. The more other devices available with FaceTime, the more people use it.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I believe they said the API would be available, so I'm sure we'll be seeing "Face Time" on Mac and (hopefully!) even Windows.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I believe they said the API would be available, so I'm sure we'll be seeing "Face Time" on Mac and (hopefully!) even Windows.

It also needs a corresponding app for the iPhone don't forget. There's no "FaceTime" app, only the Phone app. And you can't call your computer. I think it'd be nice if they made an app that made iChat compatible with FaceTime, and MSN/AIM.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
It also needs a corresponding app for the iPhone don't forget. There's no "FaceTime" app, only the Phone app. And you can't call your computer. I think it'd be nice if they made an app that made iChat compatible with FaceTime, and MSN/AIM.

Apple needs to submit their own iChat Mobile to the app store. They already have iMovie, Its not hard to believe that there's an iChat coming.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Apple needs to submit their own iChat Mobile to the app store. They already have iMovie, Its not hard to believe that there's an iChat coming.

It might not get accepted. Lmfao.
I love how Steve Jobs said (regarding iMovie): "And you can buy that in the app store. If it gets approved" .. LMAO

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77