can you preorder and have delivered to your house on the 24th?

nfrederick

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Title says it all. I have never pre-ordered anything on Apple's website and just had a simple question. If I were to pre-order on Tuesday, would it arrive at my house on the 24th or be shipped on the 24th, or is the pre-order in-store pickup only.

Thanks.

nfrederick

May 13, 2009
Visit site
2 different answers, now we are getting somewhere :)

I'm going with 9erfan just by his post count, your saying if I pre-order online, I HAVE to pick it up in store and it will not be delivered to my house on the 24th?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
2 different answers, now we are getting somewhere :)

I'm going with 9erfan just by his post count, your saying if I pre-order online, I HAVE to pick it up in store and it will not be delivered to my house on the 24th?

There are different ways to pre-order.

You can pre-order it through the AT&T site, they will send it to your house ( maybe your work too ) OR send it to a local AT&T store, where you can pick it up. If you send it to the AT&T store, you can only pick it up as of the 25th, not the 24th ( this was mentioned somewhere, must have been the keynote ).

If you order through the Apple store, you can have it delivered and it will arrive on the 24th, OR you can have it sent to a local Apple store where you can pick it up, also on the 24th.

*Edit: Note, post count means nothing. I could be wrong, it's happened to me once or twice ;)

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
that would suck because it means u would still have to wait in line...but i guess its good cause atleast u know your new iPhone is waiting :)

tkao2025

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
Just on a side note.....when they send the phone to your house, I'm guessing there will be a micro sim card in the box? Hope we don't need to go the a local phone store to have to activate the phone.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Just on a side note.....when they send the phone to your house, I'm guessing there will be a micro sim card in the box? Hope we don't need to go the a local phone store to have to activate the phone.

Like previous iPhones, it will come with a sim card.

nfrederick

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Thanks 9erfan, I'd much rather have it waiting for me at home when I get off work than have to go to the Apple store and risk getting trampled by fanboys.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks 9erfan, I'd much rather have it waiting for me at home when I get off work than have to go to the Apple store and risk getting trampled by fanboys.

Thats the fun part, the in store experience!

I for one am pre-orering to pick up at my Local Apple Store, literally a block away from me in Los Angeles, so excited. All White 32gb iPhone 4 for me.

nfrederick

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Ill be getting a black 32gb, the Apple store in Oklahoma City is always packed to the gills, don't enjoy shopping there unless its late in the evening or early in the morning, plus its about a half hour drive from my house.

nfrederick

May 13, 2009
Visit site
I assume you put the new SIM in the iPhone, once it goes through the activation process at the Apple store or at your home (you have to give your ATT account details when trying to activate a new iPhone), ATT should see the new SIM and update your accounting accordingly.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I assume you put the new SIM in the iPhone, once it goes through the activation process at the Apple store or at your home (you have to give your ATT account details when trying to activate a new iPhone), ATT should see the new SIM and update your accounting accordingly.

That makes sense. I've not activated a phone at home before. It's been done at the AT&T store for my last two iPhones. So, I would assume, once you give the phone number details in the iTunes activations and AT&T acknowledges it, it deactivates the old SIM card.

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
There are different ways to pre-order.

You can pre-order it through the AT&T site, they will send it to your house ( maybe your work too ) OR send it to a local AT&T store, where you can pick it up. If you send it to the AT&T store, you can only pick it up as of the 25th, not the 24th ( this was mentioned somewhere, must have been the keynote ).

If you order through the Apple store, you can have it delivered and it will arrive on the 24th, OR you can have it sent to a local Apple store where you can pick it up, also on the 24th.

*Edit: Note, post count means nothing. I could be wrong, it's happened to me once or twice ;)

your right. you can have it sent to an att stor eif you order from att themselves. or apple can send it to an apple store if you pre order form their site.

snakes2003g

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
That makes sense. I've not activated a phone at home before. It's been done at the AT&T store for my last two iPhones. So, I would assume, once you give the phone number details in the iTunes activations and AT&T acknowledges it, it deactivates the old SIM card.

well it deactivates the IMEI number of the old phone actually. it can be reactivated by calling customer service.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711