Is it possible to block texts and calls from a specific number?

kmb3333

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure this thread has been posted before, but I'm hoping there's been some technology updates in the last couple of years. Does anyone know if AT&T allows you to block incoming texts and/or calls from a specific phone number? If so, how?

Thx!

Dawkins Bull-Terrier

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
yep, jailbreak then get iBlacklist, u can then choose to block calls and texts from any number and they even stay on record so u can check who has called. u can change the app picture to so it looks like an innocent app incase u use this to hide your bit on the side, lol

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I believe AT&T has this child plan/service that allows you to block up to five numbers. There's a monthly fee I believe. I cant remember the details but you may want to check out ATT.com.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
AT&T does offer a service to block numbers, but it's something like $5 per month. It's in the parental controls.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I called AT&T a few months back to have a number blocked from being received by my mom's phone and they didn't charge for it. I told them that someone she didn't know kept sending text messages and we needed them blocked and they did so.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
i also recommend iblacklist to block all the sms and calls u want... plus u can use SBSettings to hide the app instead of changing the app pic and leaving it on your springboard. The app with a cup of tea icon but named iblacklist still looks suspicious to me ;)

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
yep, jailbreak then get iBlacklist, u can then choose to block calls and texts from any number and they even stay on record so u can check who has called. u can change the app picture to so it looks like an innocent app incase u use this to hide your bit on the side, lol

with iBlacklist, you still see a notification center notice for a split second if they text

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
Hey there. Yes it is possible to do it without a jailbreak. First call the carrier and ask them if it is possible. Usually they have a blacklist of a few specific numbers they can block. If that doesn't work then most carriers have a "parental" mode which can do anything from track location to block certain calls at certain times etc.

This is a carrier based solution and most of it will have to be done on their website or with one of their representatives.

DO NOT buy a blacklist app from the apple App Store. They are all fake. The jailbreak ones work but support will be minimal.

What I do is this. Simply put I make the ringtone and the text tone silent.

And activate the texts from certain contacts to ring the phone. As we'll as calls. A little round about but it works for me.

Good luck to you

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods