to bump or not to bump?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
that is the question? whether tis nobler... Ahem sorry lol Anyway I noticed alot of people talking about getting the bumper. I have grown to love the new look of the center metal especially with the black one I think it creates a look. So I just can't see myself covering that up unless the whole phone is covered by a xase. It's like whole hog or none at all. I'm just wondering how many of you actually will be getting the bumper?

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
I see what you mean...they should come out with a light gray one...I think I do want one though. I'll probably get the black one and have all black.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The price is RIDICULOUS.
I could never justify spending $29 on a freaking piece of rubber! You could cut holes in a live strong bracelet for $1.00!

I'm betting Belkin will come out with their version, $19.99 and including 5 in one package.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well we know Apple knows about style, do you think this was in preparation for the people who didn't like the metal band? It is ridiculously priced considering you can get a whole case for that price, you would think they would offer you one color for free when you buy the phone as a bonus. I wont be getting one it just flies in the face of my purist feelings. I either want to cover the whole case for safety or nothing at all(which will never happen)

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I am a pouch person myself. In fact, T-Mobile has the best case for my needs. I don't like the velcro and I don't like ones that snap closed. Magnetic pouches for me.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
The pricing is kind of ridiculous for a "bumper", it's not bad... the more I look at them. Of course, if I do get one, it would be in black if I get the black i4 or white if I get the white i4.

sidspappy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes, all the Taiwanese knock-offs will come out like a deluge in the next few months. Someone - like Belkin, or Case-Mate, or Incipio, etc. will make a good one. And it will be cheaper, guaranteed.

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I like the look of the metal. I did go a little crazy with fun skins for my current phone, but think I'll be more restrained with the new one.

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
If I do get the bumper I'll get black on black. Will it still stand up straight on a desk with the bumper on? Otherwise I'll just go naked. I had my iPhone 3GS for a year and 3G for a year and only dropped each once. I had invisible shield on first and case on second but took it off alot cuz i like it naked. I'll just have to be even more careful with this one. Should I use another invisible shield?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
If I do get the bumper I'll get black on black. Will it still stand up straight on a desk with the bumper on? Otherwise I'll just go naked. I had my iPhone 3GS for a year and 3G for a year and only dropped each once. I had invisible shield on first and case on second but took it off alot cuz i like it naked. I'll just have to be even more careful with this one. Should I use another invisible shield?

You're elevating the weight and trying to make it balance itself on rounded rubber. It won't stand up. :p

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Ya, I'll definitely be going naked then. I might still check on out when they are released though.

P.S. I'm iPhone Intermediate after my last post! WOOOO!!

thebrain2u

Sep 18, 2008
Visit site
I'm tempted to go naked with 4. The only reason I had cases was to protect the chrome, namely the bezel and the Apple logo from scratches showing up. The glass was really resilient. With iPhone 4, it's all glass and steel, so I don't really see any problems there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR