What happens when I upgrade?

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Well I am going to preorder the new iphone 4 on June 15th so what happens when I get the new one? What do I do with the old one? Since they don't use the same size sim cards how ill apple be able to activate my new one with the new simcard? And will I lose all my contacts etc?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Or use the sim they will provide :)

And with the old iPhone, you can send that may way if you'd like... thanks! :p

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Well I am going to preorder the new iphone 4 on June 15th so what happens when I get the new one? What do I do with the old one? Since they don't use the same size sim cards how ill apple be able to activate my new one with the new simcard? And will I lose all my contacts etc?

You activate the new phone just like you would with the old phone, right in iTunes. They send/give you a SIM with every iPhone, this times its just a microsim.

And you wont lose your contacts, if you just back them up.....this is pretty standard stuff

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

The old one self destructs.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
You activate the new phone just like you would with the old phone, right in iTunes. They send/give you a SIM with every iPhone, this times its just a microsim.

And you wont lose your contacts, if you just back them up.....this is pretty standard stuff

Would I keep the old phone number then?

mtbenti

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Am I correct to assume we can upgrade at 12:01 Midnight June 15th?

The upgrade is on June 24th when the phone comes out, you can pre-order it on June 15th, but if its anything like the iPad was I think it was at 8am local time to pre-order not as soon as it turned midnight

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro