Ermmmm!!!!!!!!!!!

sblocker

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
i just honestly dont get why it could not be a north american release on the 24th. It's not like the shipping would of been very far

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
You don't know what goes on behind the scenes. I'm sure there is a reason for this.

Maybe it is supply? Maybe it's terms the Canadian carriers agreed on? Or maybe Jobs doesn't like Canada?

Whatever it is, I'm sure there was a reason.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
No offense but Canada is a tiny nation population wise, and ya'll have whacky rules with your gov't.....

We don't take offense to that, as a Canadian I quite enjoy the smaller population because it's much less crowded, and y'all have MUCH whackier rules with your government... >_> Haha..

Anywhoozle Canada is one of the only countries that actually provides a great experience for iPhone owners. The thing is, there's no reason for the delay.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
We don't take offense to that, as a Canadian I quite enjoy the smaller population because it's much less crowded, and y'all have MUCH whackier rules with your government... >_> Haha..

Anywhoozle Canada is one of the only countries that actually provides a great experience for iPhone owners. The thing is, there's no reason for the delay.

Agreed. But hey, get this. Ok. SO! We all hate Rogers right? Ok good. So. Come July 1st the HST comes into place. Now if you remember a while back a law was passed that allowed any Canadian to drop their contract for free when a Carrier changed their terms without notifying the customer. NOW! When the HST comes into play, they will have to change the contract and what not.. so.. I cancel out of Robbers, go to Telus, who has a better network and is cheaper, and we are all happy. BWHAAH

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Agreed. But hey, get this. Ok. SO! We all hate Rogers right? Ok good. So. Come July 1st the HST comes into place. Now if you remember a while back a law was passed that allowed any Canadian to drop their contract for free when a Carrier changed their terms without notifying the customer. NOW! When the HST comes into play, they will have to change the contract and what not.. so.. I cancel out of Robbers, go to Telus, who has a better network and is cheaper, and we are all happy. BWHAAH

I would do that except I don't trust Telus to give upgrades each year like I know Rogers will...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
And...This surprises you?

We are ALWAYS left in the cold (no pun intended)

Last year and even in 2008 we got it on the same day. What exactly has changed?

I believe it's because of Bell and Telus. They probably had some bull**** negotiations that Apple won't agree with. They should learn that with Apple, you have to grab your ankles and let them ass-rape you because you will never win.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I would do that except I don't trust Telus to give upgrades each year like I know Rogers will...

Damn you and your Valid points.. and as far as the next post you made about Apple ass-rape.. So true. Bell and Telus are not used to this kind of a company and thus have no idea how to handle them.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Damn you and your Valid points.. and as far as the next post you made about Apple ass-rape.. So true. Bell and Telus are not used to this kind of a company and thus have no idea how to handle them.

Well, to be fair it took Rogers a year to learn how to deal with Apple, hence why we skipped an entire generation (original iPhone).. :p But at least now they understand, and they provide iPhone users with an overall great experience, allowing free tethering for 1GB+ plans and early upgrades every year for qualified customers. I like Rogers. I won't be leaving, even though I know Bell and Telus have really fast speeds.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Well, to be fair it took Rogers a year to learn how to deal with Apple, hence why we skipped an entire generation (original iPhone).. :p But at least now they understand, and they provide iPhone users with an overall great experience, allowing free tethering for 1GB+ plans and early upgrades every year for qualified customers. I like Rogers. I won't be leaving, even though I know Bell and Telus have really fast speeds.

Once again. Valid point. Besides.. Rogers will only increase speeds and coverage and my plan is great. Mind as well stick with em.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Once again. Valid point. Besides.. Rogers will only increase speeds and coverage and my plan is great. Mind as well stick with em.

Exactly, and they've been building their LTE network (secretly) for longer than Bell/Telus, Bell/Telus just started building theirs in November (also secretly).

Don't ask me how I know this. haha..

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Last year and even in 2008 we got it on the same day. What exactly has changed?

I believe it's because of Bell and Telus. They probably had some bull**** negotiations that Apple won't agree with. They should learn that with Apple, you have to grab your ankles and let them ass-rape you because you will never win.

Bell and Telus are waiting for Steve to call and say sorry, But Steve is waiting for them to show up, present and submit.
It's just miscommunication.

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
With all the complaining of too many people on wifi at the wwdc event, I was thinking maybe it was an act and he would be like "well lets see if this other network - i.e. T-Mobile - will do the trick." Not that I really care though. AT&T works great where I live and is fast. Although I have noticed an abnormal amount of dropped calls this past month.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
With all the complaining of too many people on wifi at the wwdc event, I was thinking maybe it was an act and he would be like "well lets see if this other network - i.e. T-Mobile - will do the trick." Not that I really care though. AT&T works great where I live and is fast. Although I have noticed an abnormal amount of dropped calls this past month.

LOL that would've been amazing!
Although they would've had to clean out the auditorium after everyone pooped their pants and it got all over the floor.. :p

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

This is something I was wondering about...
Is Rogers like AT&T, where they let iPhone owners upgrade early when a new model comes out?

If so, that could be a sticking point with Bell/Telus.
They've only carried the iPhone since November (7 months for early adopters), and now Apple might want them to offer a new phone already?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
This is something I was wondering about...
Is Rogers like AT&T, where they let iPhone owners upgrade early when a new model comes out?

If so, that could be a sticking point with Bell/Telus.
They've only carried the iPhone since November (7 months for early adopters), and now Apple might want them to offer a new phone already?

Yeah I've already upgraded from 3G to 3GS last year with Rogers. They are really good about it, and they responded to negative customer feedback before the iPhone 3G's launch by introducing their freaking awesome 6GB for $30 plan, which is the best ever in Canada.

:)

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I've already upgraded from 3G to 3GS last year with Rogers. They are really good about it, and they responded to negative customer feedback before the iPhone 3G's launch by introducing their freaking awesome 6GB for $30 plan, which is the best ever in Canada.

:)

Oh yes. I am loving that plan. YOU LITERALLY CAN NEVER USE THAT MUCH DATA! Oh. And.. I was thinking about this. Could the reason for the delay to Canada have anything to do with a lack of MicroSIMs for Bell, Telus and Rogers? I know they have them for the iPads, but they may need to pump out way more for the release of the iPhone 4. I mean, it probably isn't the reason, but anything that makes me hate Apple less is a good thing.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Oh yes. I am loving that plan. YOU LITERALLY CAN NEVER USE THAT MUCH DATA! Oh. And.. I was thinking about this. Could the reason for the delay to Canada have anything to do with a lack of MicroSIMs for Bell, Telus and Rogers? I know they have them for the iPads, but they may need to pump out way more for the release of the iPhone 4. I mean, it probably isn't the reason, but anything that makes me hate Apple less is a good thing.

I don't think so. I think what Apple did was just to prioritize by the markets which show the most interest in the iPhone in terms of sales.

It makes sense. Kinda sucks, but I think they'll be able to deliver a higher number to the second group of countries by then, which will help with supply and demand.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal