I tried the EVO 4G, and now I'm back...

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I played with the EVO for a while. The thing is a beast, and I love that about it. BUT I still strongly dislike HTC SENSE UI. I know everyone loves it, I've yet to figure out why. I'm still a fan of Vanilla Android.

Back to the EVO, I would love to have that thing just as a portable media player. As dumb as it sounds, the little kick stand was an amazing idea to me. :)

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
What is the real battery life of the EVO? I have a BackFlip for work & it doesn't even last a day in standby, and that's with the app killer running. My iPhone 4 goes for 6-8 hours with heavy use & my 3GS was 4-5 (3G on, push on, location off).

Matts#IM

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've done the same with the HTC Desire. I had an iPhone 3GS which I replaced with an iPhone 4 but decided to move to the Desire because of Apple's attitude towards the antenna issue and because I thought Android would be better because there is less control over what Apps can and cannot do.

However I've now realised I've made a mistake. I echo the comments about the browser - it isn't as intuitive and clicking links isn't as accurate as the iPhone (although I do like the feature which reformats text as you zoom in).

The apps and general feel of the Desire is not as polished as the iPhone and the games are no where near as good.

The interface can be sluggish. The whole thing just locks up when it is downloading and installing apps (not a huge problem in itself but the iPhone doesn't do this).

As others have said, it does feel a bit more like a computer and doesn't all hang together quite as well as an iPhone.

I think everyone should try both devices before they get into arguments about which is better because I think it probably is a case of horses for courses but I'm definitely going back to the iPhone 4!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77