Is it worth getting the 4G if you cant have unlimited internet

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I for one am extremely happy that I am a current Iphone owner and am getting grandfathered in and get to keep my current Iphone data plan . I know that lot of people don't get close to the limit . But for someone whose on the road alot and has kids I have mt phone on the internet all the time . I use the TiPb post the other day to check my monthly usage and I am topping 3GB every month .

So who is pissed about the caps & who is happy to be a grandfather ?

west3man

May 16, 2006
Visit site
"No" to your thread titled question. Every else that I know of, you get 5GB of "unlimited data" on your mobile phone. For me, 2GB is a joke...although I am sure my phone'sdata consumption is less now that I have an iPad.

"I am," in response to your closing question. I used 5.5 GB on my iPad, last month. That would have cost me $55 - 60 on they upcoming plan. Screw that. It wouldn't be worth owning a 3G iPad in that situation. Netflix, ABC, YouTube, DropBox, etc are too data consumptive.

tibbi64

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree too. Its stupid, 2 Gbs of Data. They should offer unlimited for the ones that want it. Or atleast 5 gbs. I use about 3 gbs now with alltel htc incredible.(Yes its on my account) I use slacker radio, if I got Iphone I would use music Rhapsody instead. I would also use netflix, hulu. Its what is stopping me from getting the Iphone. :(

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I'd say yes because not everyone is a power user. I know several people who just got the iPhone because of the cheaper $15/month plans because they did not want to pay the higher price for something they weren't going to use.

You data hogs have to pay up. ;)

I did keep my unlimited plan even though I an normally using 500-1000MB a month.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No. If you are on the road a lot, chances are you are near a wi-fi hotspot and can just use that. Matter of fact if your in a location that you know has wifi, why not just use the that? Save your data for when you need it.

Example. almost all Mcdonalds locations have free wifi. Same with most Starbucks, gas stations. Even local parks and some cites. If your in a location with free wifi, just use it!

ATT removed the unlimited because of the data hogs and that bogged up the network.