iPad and Tether

paliz

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can use Tether (via Blackberry) and an iPad compatible application? The Tether app on Blackberry works very well on Leopard OS & Snow Leopard OS with the MacBook and MacBook Pro notebooks! Does anybody know if a Tether enabled Blackberry can work with the iPad thereby not requiring the 3G iPad model if just the WiFi model is purchased? This may by the deciding factor as to which iPad model I purchase...

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
As far as I know there is no way to tether an iPad with a Berry. And even if there was it's just worng.:p

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah no tethering on a vanilla iPad but as usual there's a Jailbreak for that. I say get the 3G it's only $130 more

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Just read on another page that the new iPhone will tether but not to the iPad! Another really good reason to JB!

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Yep, JB ur iPhone, purchase MyWi for $10 and turn ur iPhone into a wireless hotspot and connect ipad via wifi. Easy

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Just read on another page that the new iPhone will tether but not to the iPad! Another really good reason to JB!
I have resisted JB these three years trusting that AT&T would finally get its act together. This is the last straw.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Originally Posted by rdiddy_25
Yep, JB ur iPhone, purchase MyWi for $10 and turn ur iPhone into a wireless hotspot and connect ipad via wifi. Easy
Easily said, anyway.

It's VERY easy.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Originally Posted by rdiddy_25
Easily said, anyway.

It's VERY easy.

It may be easy to initially jailbreak it, but it's not for everyone. Most consumers will not be able to figure out all of the technical aspects of using a jailbroken iPhone. We always forget that not everyone is as technologically adept as we are.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
MyWi is VERY simple to use. Just turn on tethering and that's it, too easy. But I do see ur point. I think that most are too scared to try and talk themselves out if it before even trying

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
What technical aspects? Download a file, double click on it..your jailbroken. Go visit the cydia app store and download.

This is really hard stuff.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
What technical aspects? Download a file, double click on it..your jailbroken. Go visit the cydia app store and download.

This is really hard stuff.

Hm, how about managing processes? Springboard resets? Freezing? Possibility of conflicting apps (even the ones you PAID FOR) deleting eachother or causing crashes (has happened to me many times)? The possibility of bricking the phone?

A lot of things are simple for you and me but not for everyone. I'm not saying I am against jailbreak myself but NOT everyone should do it.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I have not ever JB my phones, but the whole bit about not letting me tether my iPad has pushed me to do it now. I could tether with another phone so why not this one? I'm actually paying TWICE for the luxury of using MY data and then they want to exclude my iPad? I don't think so. I have never been impatient and have waited for the updates instead of the JB, but this is too much. I paid for the devices and the services. I want to use them like I see fit. Too much control at this point.

Sorry for the rant-

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I have not ever JB my phones, but the whole bit about not letting me tether my iPad has pushed me to do it now. I could tether with another phone so why not this one? I'm actually paying TWICE for the luxury of using MY data and then they want to exclude my iPad? I don't think so. I have never been impatient and have waited for the updates instead of the JB, but this is too much. I paid for the devices and the services. I want to use them like I see fit. Too much control at this point.

Sorry for the rant-
One need not apologize for justified anger. The "steaming pile of failure" has strung us along for two years. Their business practices are even worse than their network.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
It may be easy to initially jailbreak it, but it's not for everyone. Most consumers will not be able to figure out all of the technical aspects of using a jailbroken iPhone. We always forget that not everyone is as technologically adept as we are.
Agreed. Not much worse than managing my Treo but not for everyone. I have enjoyed not having to do it over the last three years but the "steaming pile of failure" has pushed me over the edge. I am doing my research. If I can do it, many can. The "steaming pile of failure" probably does not care, but perhaps Steve does.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods