Audio help on Audiobooks.

fish1856

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a lot of audiobooks that I converted from Mp3 to M4B so I can bookmark the files. They play fine in iTunes, play fine on my 160 gig ipod, but when I put them on my iPhone some will play all the way through, some will play for an hour then the audio cuts out, some won't play from the start. Is there any suggestion on what is causing this. It's not specific to a phone, I'm on a second iPhone for an unrelated reason. I'd say it was the audiobook file themselves, but they play fine on multiple other iPods. Any help or link to a topic on this will be appreciated.

fish1856

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I think the problem is in the 3.1 software. I cannot confirm this, but since 4.0 is right around the corner I'll see what happens

barryezl

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
As much as it seems illogical, the iPhone's iPod app is not the same as the classic iPod. I've heard from several people (and verified myself) that the iPhone can "choke" on files that play fine in an iPod. The main factor appears to be the filesize. Try to keep each track under 320 MB and you should be safe.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2