Anybody dropping $14 for iPhone insurance??

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm generally careful with my phone so I personally don't see the need for it. That being said, I do understand unforeseen circumstances do happen and there is a need/market for this kind of insurance.

One day I may regret not paying $14/month for this insurance but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Well.. Seeing as I have never once dropped my phone for the year I have owned it, and the fact I am on Rogers I say no. I will buy Apple Care this time though, I never did for my 3GS but I most likely will for the 4G. Which reminds me. I still have to get it for my iMac.

9ki

Apr 22, 2010
www.9000ipadwallpapers.info
Realistically I would want to keep the insurance for the length of my contract, if at all. That means my total cost for insurance would be $335.76, excluding any taxes and unforeseen deductibles.

13.99 X 24 = 335.76

At that price it would seem to make more sense for me to go as long as possible without the insurance, and count on just paying full price if I break my phone anyways.

What if the phone breaks more than once though ?

If I break it once, chances are I'm going to break it again eventually. I never thought I would break it the first time. I'd end up paying more than I would had I just kept the insurance all along whether I insure the replacement phone or not.

Listy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
I recommend it strongly. It's only thirteen dollars. Much easier to pay $13 a month than to fork out $800 dollars and even more important to have, if your locked in a contract with your mobile phone provider. I had a customer in last week and I told her to take the insurance as I do with most people. She said she didn't want it and she took two steps out of the shop and dropped it cracking the screen. Personally I have had mobile phone insurance cover and claimed three times. The last one was after the strippers. It came out of my top pocket after I went over a speed hump to fast on a motor bike. I found it three days later in the gutter as flat as a pancake. Took it to work in a body bag. In 5 years I have paid out $780 dollars and have claimed $2,500. There is a small fee of $50 if you are within a certain time period and if the phone you had is no longer available you might have to pay a couple of hundred upgrade fee for the new model. If 1K wouldn't hurt your hip pocket don't worry about the insurance. Remember insurance doesn't cover rough treatment and after Apple's warranty runs out....you can work out the rest.

iPhoneDon797

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I could almost see spending that much if the deductable was $50 to $100 instead of $199. I'm super careful with mine and use an Otterbox defender case. As far as glass repairs go, there is a place near where I live that fixes electonics/gadgets like that. Lose or theft is covered with MobileMe's Find My iPhone feature.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm using Squaretrade for my 3GS. Only thing they don't cover is theft I think, everything else will be. I think I'm good :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2