Anybody dropping $14 for iPhone insurance??

reitveld

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to skip it. I think I remember reading here the high $200 deductible, so even if you drop it, you still must pay big bucks. So I break it and it is close to the release date of the next phone, then I'll just self-upgrade.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
The way i read it is you add it on through the app store.

I'm guessing the reason for the high rates is the resale value of iphones. What's to keep someone from saying its "lost", paying 200 for a claim, and then having two iphones? And we all know what a new iphone 4 would bring you on ebay or whatever.

AbstraKt

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
If this hasn't been stated before, check w/your homeowner's/renter's provider. They may be able to provide a "personal property" policy.

I just found out mine's $3.79/mo. no deductible that covers ANY mishaps w/the phone.

o2sys

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
reviving an old thread...I got the insurance from Asurion as peace of mind. People are saying is not worth it but the whole point of insurance is for "just in case" and accidents don't happen for fun no matter how careful you might be, the whole reason insurance companies even exist!

Anyways Asurion charges a flat monthly fee of $11.99 with $199.00 deductible for the iphone 4. Do the math, assuming the your tied in the 2 yrs service with your carrier and you'll keep your iphone till your contract is up, 2 yrs = $287.76 and let'sa say you loose/break/stolen it twice within the 2 yrs, that's $398.00, total cost of 2 replacement iphones plus your monthly fees added up = $685.76

That's about the same price you would pay retail at Apple for just 1 iphone. Even more if you have the 32GB (same dect. for 16 or 32 GB)

The maximum claim is twice per year and your are one of those who just doesn't have any luck.

With ASURION:
2 yrs = $287.76
4 claims = $796.00
Total = $1,083.76

W/O ASURION: (*if you lose it 4 times)
4 x iphones 4 16GB = $2,400 + tax
4 x iphones 4 32GB = too much $$$

So no matter what its worth it...i like to take care of my products very well but I also hate babying something that was meant to be used..well used like a portable phone!

This is just my personal opinion...

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got state farm $39 a year and covers loss, theft, damage with 0 deductible. If anything happens they cut me a check for a retail price of iPhone 4.

a68988f6-40b7-6dc7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I got state farm $39 a year and covers loss, theft, damage with 0 deductible. If anything happens they cut me a check for a retail price of iPhone 4.

a68988f6-40b7-6dc7.jpg

do you happen to have other insurance through State Farm to get this?

also, do they drop you after 1 claim?

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
do you happen to have other insurance through State Farm to get this?

also, do they drop you after 1 claim?

Nope I have different company for car insurance. Not all state farm offer this so you should call your local state farm agent and ask for personal article policy and see if they offer it.

I'm sure if you do a lot of claims they will drop you. I haven't had to do a claim yet so I'm not sure.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site

a68988f6-40b7-6dc7.jpg

Totally off topic here, but I can't imagine there are too many "Bruce Hungerford"s in this world...is he 50ish? Ask him if he went to grad school in Ohio. I typed a theses for someone with that name back in the late 70's!

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Totally off topic here, but I can't imagine there are too many "Bruce Hungerford"s in this world...is he 50ish? Ask him if he went to grad school in Ohio. I typed a theses for someone with that name back in the late 70's!

I have no clue. I called in to add the policy.

JT3D

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
How is it better when its 15 a month?

Ok I didnt see my typo...my mistake...but theres still no deductible...break it, walk in, and get a new one...with at&t you still have to pay atleast a $200 deductible...on top of the 14 a month...Best Buy = Better...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2