Anybody dropping $14 for iPhone insurance??

Listy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Must be different in Australia. $13 covers me if I drop it in the toliet or have it stolen. So if I wanted to upgrade I could throw it out to sea. I must say I have tried the Apple replace program and founmd it fantastic. For $220AUD. Made an appointment on iTunes. When I was there, they started poking round with a torch. They said it had been knocked because they could spot that the chrome wasn't perfectly flush with the rear black plastic cover. I had opened the phone and you can't get the edges to meet up perfectly again. I said don't bother looking over the phone as it's out of Apple warranty. That's when they offered me the iPhone replacement program. They recycle them back at the factory. Great value.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'm hearing a lot about Squaretrade. I'm not hearing so much about people actually using them, filing a claim and all that. The accidental is the only worthwhile thing about it. And the deductible is 50.00. Plus you have to send it in and wait for days.

How's this worth having again?

The 15 a month Asurion along with 150 deductible is even worse.

Save your money. Go to apple and either get it swapped or pay for repair the first year. If you don't plan on upgrading next year, get the extended Apple Care. If you're that eager to pay 15 a month, then throw it in a savings account.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'd have to send it in and wait for days with AppleCare, so SquareTrade wins - at least until there's an Apple store closer than 2 states away!

flatlined#IM

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Is this available yet? Also is it device specific? Meaning if I add it to my 3GS now and then upgrade to a iPhone 4 or whatever other one comes down next year it will just carry over?

Thanks

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Its a RIPOFF!

LIKE.jpg

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
If it covers theft, I will be getting it. I guess I'll be the
only one in this thread. Hah. I rather pay $13/mo
and never need it than pay $700 in one shot for the
replacement.

Heck, I've never lost a phone in my life either, but I
have the $$$, I might as well.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If it covers theft, I will be getting it. I guess I'll be the
only one in this thread. Hah. I rather pay $13/mo
and never need it than pay $700 in one shot for the
replacement.

Heck, I've never lost a phone in my life either, but I
have the $$$, I might as well.

Is it available yet?

s1lentsurviv0r

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Being in NYC, if the insurance covers theft, Ill probably consider it. Gives me better piece of mind. I had my first 3GS stolen around August of last year. Had to pay around 400 for another phone and half the size (16, had 32).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73