Rogers Early Termination Fee?
So. I have been very indecisive about a certain issue and I believe to have made a conclusion.
This all started oh lets say.. and hour ago, on these very forums. I was taking a look at a thread about upgrade eligibility and it somehow lead into Canadian carriers and their coverage and speeds.
I am currently in the first year of my contract with Rogers for my 3GS, I pay $100 a month for what I thought was a good plan.. then I took a reality check and realized I do not need half of this s**t. I have 6GB of Data, 150 mins, my 5, unlimited SMS and MMS and visual voice mail. Now.. I thought this was a good plan. Then I realized a few things.
1) I use 3GB of data usually, but.. this is not a good representation of what I should be using. See, I pay $30 a month for the 6GB data add on, so I feel obligated to use as much Data as I can, this means even when I am home, I never have wifi on.. this is just impractical .
2) Visual voicemail is cool, but along with the $20 price tag it has (keep in mind it is bundled with MMS and SMS) I do not think it is a necessity.
3) Rogers coverage.. sucks..
4) Telus (and Bell) has a great plan. for $65 bucks a month, I would get 300 anytime minutes, unlimited SMS, voicemail, unlimited nights and weekends (after 9PM) and unlimited local calling for the first 6 months. More Details
5) Everyone else in my family is on Telus and pays less than $50 a month for their BB's.
SO! With all those things being said i think I can say I am pretty psyched to say peace to Rogers and move on to Telus.. but.. this brings me to the one question. What is the Rogers ETF at the moment for someone who is a year into the contract? I heard it $20 a month for the remaining time up to $400 bucks, but that was in 2008. Has it changed since? Anyone know exactly what it is. The problem is I do not want to contact Rogers directly as they may do what Bell attempted to do and lock my number so I can not move it (thank god I managed to move it afterall). Anyway.. I am rambling now.. and it is late.. and I ramble late.
So. Anyone know of any help on this matter? Oh.. and Rene, I want your opinion on this to