What color next-gen iPhone will you choose?

What color next-gen iPhone will you choose?

• Total voters

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
My 3G was black, 3GS is white. Most likely my next will be white again, unless it looks hideous with a white faceplate. I'm on the fence about the white front based on the few leaked pics, I need to see more before I make my final decision.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
White. It's so damn beautiful. Though I don't like how the front camera and the ambient light sensors stick out, makes it look like a bit like a Nokia N97. It's still gorgeous though, white and aluminum.. Reminds me of the G5 iMac. (MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm...)

Last edited:

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I've always had white, but for some reason the white as a faceplate looks so odd to me. So I'm still undecided. I'll likely get the white though. Once I see it in person, I'll probably like it more.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I've always had white, but for some reason the white as a faceplate looks so odd to me. So I'm still undecided. I'll likely get the white though. Once I see it in person, I'll probably like it more.

White on the face plate will make the contents harder to view in daylight because of the contrast on the bezel, which is presumably why Apple has traditionally used a black bezel on the white model. Maybe Apple has developed a new screen though that is siginificantly brighter / has a higher contrast ratio?

It also makes the sensors more visible, which takes away from some of the polish of the iPhone aesthetic. I still like the white appearance a lot though, and dirt/grease shows up too quickly on black.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm going Black to keep it cleaner. I would think the white will show all sorts of wear and tear and dirt marks much more than the black.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm going Black to keep it cleaner. I would think the white will show all sorts of wear and tear and dirt marks much more than the black.

I've owned both white and black iPhones, the white iPhone didn't show any dirt, while the black showed dirt within hours of handling it. Not to mention the grease which is painfully obvious on the black iPhone yet doesn't show at all on the white.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I would vote but I am so on the fence. I think white only because Apple screams white, and not necessarily black. ERMM! I will have to see at WWDC to make my final decision. Who knows.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@rekamds
Maybe you don't know what's happening in the world right now. I just don't think it's appropriate.

Anyway no more of this.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
My favorite beer is called "cold" and my favorite color new iPhone is called "in-stock." :)

haha good point there!

I've owned both white and black iPhones, the white iPhone didn't show any dirt, while the black showed dirt within hours of handling it. Not to mention the grease which is painfully obvious on the black iPhone yet doesn't show at all on the white.

that is true. the smudges on the back of my 3G do bother me as I am slightly OCD. maybe I will check out the white.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
My favorite beer is called "cold" and my favorite color new iPhone is called "in-stock." :)

Indeed, last year I settled for the black 16GB 3GS because they had no white left at all. :(

This year I am totally sleeping outside and I am going to be first.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro