Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Will you purchase the new iPhone?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

113 79.58%
  • No

12 8.45%
  • Not sure yet...

17 11.97%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Default Will you be purchasing the new iPhone?

Simple question that deserves a poll... now that we all pretty much know what the device will look like and have feature wise, will you be purchasing the new iPhone and why or why not?
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 05-25-2010 at 01:47 PM.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,185 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Um... because. Can that finally be enough of a reason now that I don't live at home?
    Ian

Semper Fi 3/2/2

BlackBerry: 950, 8700, 8100, 8800, 8300, 8900, 9000, 9700, 9800, 9930, and Q10.
    iPhone: Original, 3G, 3GS, 4, 4S, and 5S.
    Tablets: iPad, iPad 2, PlayBook, iPad Mini.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

^^^hahaha! I will be copping one in september when my upgrade kicks in! only if it has ichat though cuz my jailbroken 3gs is perfect
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS 6

Jailbroken 3GS is that hot sh*t right now but jailbroken 4G will be even better.... Can't wait for launch day.
    64 GB iP5
    13" MacBook Pro
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

I don't know how I'm going to afford it but I'm sure as hell going to try!

If I can't buy it before the end of summer I'm going to have to wait for G5... @_@
     iPhone 4 32GB
     MacBook Air 13.3" (May 2011)
     iPad 2 16GB
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,597 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by Jellotime91 View Post
    I don't know how I'm going to afford it but I'm sure as hell going to try!

If I can't buy it before the end of summer I'm going to have to wait for G5... @_@
    this is unacceptable. sell something, anything
    __

i will be buying a couple, not right away. i hate fighting crowds
    iPhone Nanite

I plan on buying the new iPhone, hopefully right away. I just need a new iPhone all together, so why not wait a bit and get the newest out?
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    this is unacceptable. sell something, anything
    __

i will be buying a couple, not right away. i hate fighting crowds
    Omg I forgot I can sell my 3GS.. how dumb of me. I can get the 4G, the cost will be added to my bill, and then I can return my 3GS for a new one citing one of the many problems I'm currently having, and then sell it on craigslist for $450 or so....
     iPhone 4 32GB
     iPad 2 16GB
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,461 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I want to get it, just not sure I'll be able to afford it. We'll see how things work out. Might sell my 3GS jailbroken and unlocked to afford it
    Twitter: @codemonkeycodes / website: www.codemonkeycodes.com & www.jeremyandbrooke.com
    Married 9/4/11
    iPhone 5 32GB : ~= 5/10/10 RIP Dad, Forever in our hearts =~
    iMore Expert

my answer is hell yes!

 iPhone 5S - 64GB Space Grey
     iPad Mini - 32GB Black
     Apple TV 2nd Gen
     MacBook Pro - 250GB Aluminum Unibody

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Sikora View Post
    why or why not?
    Why not!
    [ JUSTIN ]
    [ FOLLOW JUST ME ON TWITTER FOR RANDOM AND TECH RELATED STUFF ] [ @justin_horn ]
    [ FOLLOW MY BLOG WHEN WILL APPLE ON TWITTER ] [ @whenwillapple ]
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Anyone planning on sleeping outside a Rogers store? Specifically in Toronto?

Apple store can't do upgrades I believe.
     iPhone 4 32GB
     iPad 2 16GB
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Simple Answer Yes

Long answer.. Of course.
    Giraffes are people too.
    Tip the scales... you know you want to.
    15" Retina MBP 2.6GHz / 512GB
    Game Center ID: Brenden
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Anyone planning on sleeping outside a Rogers store? Specifically in Toronto?

Apple store can't do upgrades I believe.
    HOLY CRAPOLA! I live in the T-Dot and will most likely be doing that.
    Giraffes are people too.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    920 Global Posts

My 3G is showing it's age. At this point, I don't even care if there is a jailbreak for it at the time of release. To quote BrianT, Hell yes!
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhistGirafe View Post
    HOLY CRAPOLA! I live in the T-Dot and will most likely be doing that.
    Haha nice. Do you know what store yet? for the last 2 years I've lived in London at the time of the release, so this will be my first time buying the iPhone in Toronto.
     iPhone 4 32GB
     iPad 2 16GB
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Haha nice. Do you know what store yet? for the last 2 years I've lived in London at the time of the release, so this will be my first time buying the iPhone in Toronto.
    WOW! This keeps getting freakier. I used to live in London. I will most likely go to the Rogers Plus at the Eaton Centre or more local to me the one in the Upper Canada Mall
    Giraffes are people too.
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhistGirafe View Post
    WOW! This keeps getting freakier. I used to live in London. I will most likely go to the Rogers Plus at the Eaton Centre or more local to me the one in the Upper Canada Mall
    Lmao that IS freaky, myself and a girl from my high school both moved to London, and we never saw each other there, then we both happened to visit Toronto and ran into eachother in the Eaton Center on the same day. That was so freaky.

Anyway I thought about that but would security at Eatons kick you out?
     iPhone 4 32GB
     iPad 2 16GB
    iPhone Intermediate

I'm tempted, but honestly I don't think I will. The known hardware changes (front facing camera, flash, and volume buttons) of the new iPhone aren't all that appealing to me and the unknown, but safe to assume, hardware changes (display resolution, ram, capacity, hd recording, etc.) don't tip the scales in favor of the new model. My current jailbroken 32gb 3gs does everything I want and need it to do.

In order for me to feel like I really need to upgrade I need OS 4 to have some feature that I really want/need but for some reason won't run on my 3gs. But even then I'm not really looking forward to OS 4 to be released. So I don't expect that to happen.
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post
    I'm tempted, but honestly I don't think I will. The known hardware changes (front facing camera, flash, and volume buttons) of the new iPhone aren't all that appealing to me and the unknown, but safe to assume, hardware changes (display resolution, ram, capacity, hd recording, etc.) don't tip the scales in favor of the new model. My current jailbroken 32gb 3gs does everything I want and need it to do.

In order for me to feel like I really need to upgrade I need OS 4 to have some feature that I really want/need but for some reason won't run on my 3gs. But even then I'm not really looking forward to OS 4 to be released. So I don't expect that to happen.
    Speed. I'm betting mobile Safari is going to be twice as fast with that 1Ghz processor.
     iPhone 4 32GB
     iPad 2 16GB
    iPhone Intermediate

Speed. I'm betting mobile Safari is going to be twice as fast with that 1Ghz processor.
    Never have I thought my 3gs was "slow", but I'm sure it will be "slow" compared to the new iPhone. OS 4 will more than likely slow down the 3gs but I can't imagine it slowing it down enough for the experience to be negative. If that were the case Apple wouldn't allow it to be upgraded. And if I am frustrated with the speed of OS 4 on my 3gs I have no problem downgrading back to 3.1.3, as I have taken the necessary precautions.

Despite more than likely not getting the new iPhone, I'm still looking forward to seeing it. I'm always looking for reasons to spend money on new toys, so I want to be tempted, but unfortunately I don't think I will be.
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peanutgallery View Post
    Never have I thought my 3gs was "slow", but I'm sure it will be "slow" compared to the new iPhone. OS 4 will more than likely slow down the 3gs but I can't imagine it slowing it down enough for the experience to be negative. If that were the case Apple wouldn't allow it to be upgraded. And if I am frustrated with the speed of OS 4 on my 3gs I have no problem downgrading back to 3.1.3, as I have taken the necessary precautions.

Despite more than likely not getting the new iPhone, I'm still looking forward to seeing it. I'm always looking for reasons to spend money on new toys, so I want to be tempted, but unfortunately I don't think I will be.
    The 3GS is by no means slouchy, but compared to the Nexus One on Android 2.2, it does fall behind slightly in loading most pages (though it excels in others).

I have a feeling the new iPhone is going to blow Android devices away in terms of speed. The iPhone 3GS does amazingly well on a 600mhz processor with half the ram of these devices, imagine what a 1Ghz processor and equal ram could do.
     iPhone 4 32GB
     iPad 2 16GB
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS6

I say probably not, but those around me are taking bets on whether I'll wait a day or a week after launch
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lonbeehold View Post
    I say probably not, but those around me are taking bets on whether I'll wait a day or a week after launch
    My sister swore she wouldn't but it, then she ended up getting it before me! She now says she won't buy the new one, but I bet she will buy it too.
     iPhone 4 32GB
     iPad 2 16GB
    iPhone Newbie

Definitely YES and almost certainly YES!

As soon as they are available handset only in the UK I will be buying one for the wife - mainly to stop her using my 3GS. I'll then test run hers myself and decide whether it's worth getting one for myself! I think I already know the answer!!
    iPhone 4/iMac 2.8Mhz 27"/MacBook Pro 15"/Time Capsule/5th Gen 30Gb iPod
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast