email doesn't update on iphone when deleted from pop3 server

mattkot

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I recently switched from a WM platform to iphone. I've been happy with the new platform with one exception, the updating of pop3 email on the iphone itself.

Normally, the WM based phone would check the server for messages and pull in new emails. I would read, respond, delete whatever with deletions being handled and deleted from the server as well.

Then I would go home and fire up outlook on my laptop. Outlook would pull all messages off the server and onto the laptop hardrive thereby deleting them from the pop3 server. When the phone would check email, the phone would then see no messages on the server and delete them from the phones pop3 accounts.

The problem is that the iphone does not update itself when checking the pop3 server. I'm forced to manually delete emails off the iphone that no longer reside on the server but that have been pulled into my laptop.

WM did this for 3 different accounts and curiously iphone performs perfectly but only for a yahoo account and not for other pop3 accounts.

I've seen other people on different boards post with the same complaint, so I thought I'd try here for a solution that must surely exist.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Email on the iPhone sucks. Using pop3 makes it even worse. Why not switch to an IMAP account and save yourself some hassle?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Email on the iPhone sucks. Using pop3 makes it even worse. Why not switch to an IMAP account and save yourself some hassle?

Seconded. You'll have to do it eventually, redirect your current emails if you can and get a gmail account.

ugahairydawgs

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem when I switched over from my Blackberry. I ended up just switching to IMAP on the phone and it kept things clean on the Outlook side.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2