Dead pixel? Please let there be light! :(

Readover

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I'm having a pretty so so birthday. And now I dropped my iPhone in the floor just now too.. Happy birthday to me, right?

And the first thing I see when I pick it up is a white dot right in the middle of the screen.. So i try to wipe the screen of.. oh noes, it's still there! And I push the home-button and there's a empty dot in my wallpaper! Oh noes! I mean, I'm reeaally carefull with my iPhone.. I like love it so much and I'm so sad right now... Can anyone save my day? Please tell me I can fix it? What can I do? Nothing? =/

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
If it's a dead pixel, it's... well dead. You could try and get it replaced at an Apple store if it's under warranty.
If it's a frozen pixel, there's a website that maybe can fix it with some color-tests online. Try and google it;)

Readover

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
i don't think it's just frozen. It's all black when the screen is on and when it's of it's kinda gray or white.
I tried one of those colour fix things, but it didn't seem to do anything so. I guess it's dead =/ I'm so bummed out right now! I got it like 4 months ago and was really looking forward to OS 4. And now, it's kinda ruined.. It's right in the middle of the screen too. So it's really obvious and annoying!
Would they fix it for free at an apple store? Probably not ey? So what kind of cost am I looking at here? Do you think it'll worth it? I got a contract so I'm kinda stuck with it for another 20 months or so...

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Did you try this site? I've personally never had any stuck pixels and don't know if it really works but I've seen others on this board recommend this site.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
i don't think it's just frozen. It's all black when the screen is on and when it's of it's kinda gray or white.
I tried one of those colour fix things, but it didn't seem to do anything so. I guess it's dead =/ I'm so bummed out right now! I got it like 4 months ago and was really looking forward to OS 4. And now, it's kinda ruined.. It's right in the middle of the screen too. So it's really obvious and annoying!
Would they fix it for free at an apple store? Probably not ey? So what kind of cost am I looking at here? Do you think it'll worth it? I got a contract so I'm kinda stuck with it for another 20 months or so...

Yes they will fix it for free at the apple store!
You didn't murder the pixel, it died on its own. That's a result of build quality and such, so of course Apple will replace it for free. :)

Oh I just read that you dropped it.. Hmm.. just don't tell them you dropped it, I drop my iPhone ALLLL the time (no case, cement, hardwood flooring, etc.) and I've had 5 replacements in the past 2 years.

Readover

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah thats the site i tried. But the pixel seems sort of like a void.. It reflects white when im under a lamp but it's black when theres no lamp over it.

Well, there doesn't seem to be any other marks or signs of me dropping it but.. I'd feel kinda bad doing that... Hmm.. Im kinda in shock right now.. Kinda like a crime victim.. Cant believe it happend to me!

Readover

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
Are dead pixels usually visible when the screen is turned of?

Now when I see it in daylight there are 2 or maybe 3 small dots. 1 bigger that I saw yesterday, and 2 quite smal ones.. Are they really dead pixels? looks strange...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Are dead pixels usually visible when the screen is turned of?

Now when I see it in daylight there are 2 or maybe 3 small dots. 1 bigger that I saw yesterday, and 2 quite smal ones.. Are they really dead pixels? looks strange...

It could also be dirt beneath the screen, and sometimes we only notice things when we're looking for them. It could've been there before but you only noticed it after dropping because you were examining for imperfections. Very possible. If I were you I wouldn't feel bad about brining it to the Apple store.

Readover

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
It could also be dirt beneath the screen, and sometimes we only notice things when we're looking for them. It could've been there before but you only noticed it after dropping because you were examining for imperfections. Very possible. If I were you I wouldn't feel bad about brining it to the Apple store.

This is really obvious. So I don't think I could have missed it.. Strangely it seems to big to be just one pixel.. Must be more than one beside each other...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
This is really obvious. So I don't think I could have missed it.. Strangely it seems to big to be just one pixel.. Must be more than one beside each other...

A couple of them got together and they're having a party :D

But seriously just return it to the Apple store :)

anon(4675100)

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
The ebaspace site worked a treat for me - I had two 'stuck' pixels. It won't sort dead pixels though. Eventually, you'll come to ignore it. I have one right dead centre of the screen but it's out of guarantee. :rolleyes:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you bought it 4 months ago just take it back they will change the screen. It's like a ten minute process and they are more happy to have you as a customer. I replaced my screen because there was dust under it and I only had 3 months left on the warranty.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73