New iPhone, New Sounds?

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Is anyone else excited about the possibility of having some new notification sounds like SMS and email when the new iPhone is released? I know it is a small piece of the puzzle, but for that same reason I am surprised Apple has not given iPhone users a wider variety.

I hate being in a room with 5 iPhone owners and having all of us reach for our phones every time someone receives a text. "Was that you or me"?

I am keeping my fingers crossed.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Doubtful, just like adjustable sound volumes for each app like mail, SMS or the like. I know jailbreaking can do it, but I don't JB.

jboog

May 3, 2010
Visit site
the 4.0 beta has all the same sounds so im assuming that because the new iphone will run 4.0 it too will have the same sounds

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The sounds aren't going to change.
However there ARE a few text sounds you can choose from if you really want a different sound.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
One of THE main reasons why I jailbreak. Sometimes I don't "get" Apple. Why not implement something seemingly so simplistic? And why not do it from day one?

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
One of THE main reasons why I jailbreak. Sometimes I don't "get" Apple. Why not implement something seemingly so simplistic? And why not do it from day one?

My thought exactly. I do not understand why they don't just add a few on. It seems to be a simple way to address the serious lack of customization of the iPhone. Do not get me wrong I love my iPhone, I just don't understand Apples thinking on this one.

And I know there are a few sounds available to choose from, but they are all pretty ridiculous. I really do not want a bike horn honking every time I get a text.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
i'd be really curious as to what sms tone Stevie Jobs is using...

Honestly, there's no freaking way Steve even uses an iPhone, at least not the same iPhone we all use. Steve is rocking some ultra-customizable, multitasking, SD-card-having, special notification system boasting iPhone Pro. His SMS tones are probably a brainwave that doesn't even have a sound and you just KNOW you have a text. Haha.

If Steve was using the same iPhone as the rest of us, he'd know what we hate about it and we wouldn't have to jailbreak.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Honestly, there's no freaking way Steve even uses an iPhone, at least not the same iPhone we all use. Steve is rocking some ultra-customizable, multitasking, SD-card-having, special notification system boasting iPhone Pro. His SMS tones are probably a brainwave that doesn't even have a sound and you just KNOW you have a text. Haha.

If Steve was using the same iPhone as the rest of us, he'd know what we hate about it and we wouldn't have to jailbreak.

hahaha! yeah, as crazy as it sounds i think you're right!

surely he has had to have said to himself "god, these tones are boring"

Chris71

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I love my phone but cant figure out why something as simple as assigning your own mms tones has been left out, I dont see what the big deal is I mean you can add your own ringtones, why not sms/mms tones ??

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
And I'm stuck with the same ol' email tone that I can't hear in a noisy room. I think I'm more upset about that than the signal glitch.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My thought exactly. I do not understand why they don't just add a few on. It seems to be a simple way to address the serious lack of customization of the iPhone. Do not get me wrong I love my iPhone, I just don't understand Apples thinking on this one.

And I know there are a few sounds available to choose from, but they are all pretty ridiculous. I really do not want a bike horn honking every time I get a text.

I REALLY need the ability to set specific tones for texts from a specific sender (my office)... since my cell phone is also my pager, I need to be able to hear the "pager" whenever it goes off. I don't mind a bike horn for a work page, but I sure don't want that every time I get a text from anyone. C'mon, Steve, give us what we want/need. Puhleeze?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbiePilgrim