Silentswitch covered by Applecare?

Eric8199

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know, is the silent switch on the iPhone covered under Applecare? Considering extending it on my 3GS, but mostlyfor the switch. I'm a journalist, and I attend a lot of meetings, and need to be able to put the phone on silent. I've known a few people that have had the switch break. I'm wiling to pay for the warranty if it will cover the switch, should it break.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know, is the silent switch on the iPhone covered under Applecare? Considering extending it on my 3GS, but mostlyfor the switch. I'm a journalist, and I attend a lot of meetings, and need to be able to put the phone on silent. I've known a few people that have had the switch break. I'm wiling to pay for the warranty if it will cover the switch, should it break.

There were a number of posts about 6 months ago about the silent switch not working or falling off completely, and it was 100% covered by Apple.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Awesome. Thanks! Definitely buying Applecare now. Gotta get the 3GS last until the 5th generation comes out next year.

That's like, auto asphyxiation haha... I couldn't keep this phone for a whole year more when I see everyone walking around with that beastly iPhone HD...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2