Just got 3gs today. Any tips?

Dawkins Bull-Terrier

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I have got a 3g jailbroken with redsnow on o2, i have today got a 3gs on contract with orange. i am planning on jailbreaking once i have the relative info. What advice could you give me?
Oh, and im planning on using the new spirit jailbreak.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
My advice, ask to get this move to the jailbreak thread. Other than that, spirit seems to work well. It shouldn't be any different than the previous method you used.

Dawkins Bull-Terrier

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. how do i ask for this to be moved?

One more thing, before i plug it in it asks me to download the latest iTunes? should i or not?
will it affect me being able to jailbreak the iphone?
thanks in advance.

Steve Doherty

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have the latest iTunes (9.1.1) and had no problems jail-breaking with Spirit. So, yes, get the latest iTunes then do the jail-break..

Cheers,
Steve

iamfudge

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I have got a 3g jailbroken with redsnow on o2, i have today got a 3gs on contract with orange. i am planning on jailbreaking once i have the relative info. What advice could you give me?
Oh, and im planning on using the new spirit jailbreak.

If you had a 3G, why would you go on contract for a 3GS with the new iPhone coming out in probably less than a month?

websyndicate

May 13, 2009
Visit site
My phone quit working in March. I had no iphone. Water damage. Anyways I need a phone at the end of the day and I just wanted an iPhone. I was able to upgrade but I figure there will a newer iphone every years so i dont care too much. I signed a 2 year contrat anyways so I cant get one every year.

Dawkins Bull-Terrier

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
ok, think i get the hint about not waiting. (on both posts jelotime91!)Guess the real reson was that i was expecting to get credit when i tried, when the guy said yes i can give u it for free i was just pleased to finaly get some credit as ive been trying for a while (now maybe we can get a mortgage!) and i am pretty sure i only got it as they wanted rid to make way for the new iphone and im sure they would not give me that for free. thankyou anyway guys